Late Night Sumpin Sumpin

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Late Night Sumpin Sumpin

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am

GRailsback wrote:So I am guessing you prep everything then take it to the garage for all the cooks in it?
I put it 2 feet from the slider on the deck. I don't even have to put my shoes on, lol.
All thru the winter I use it, just shovel a small spot for it.
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Re: Late Night Sumpin Sumpin

Postby daBertl » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm

The food looks mouthwatering :bow:

And if the Big Easy advertising will not be stopped immediately, i have to buy a ticket just for buy one :lol:
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm

daBertl wrote:The food looks mouthwatering :bow:

And if the Big Easy advertising will not be stopped immediately, i have to buy a ticket just for buy one :lol:
Road trips are always good Bert.
Come visit the country, lots of good places and people to visit.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Dang Woody, you were due to drop one on us. You sure do good. I think if I brought one of those gadgets home the wife wouldn't be to pleased. But it sure looks better than some of the stuff that comes out of a fryer.
I haven't had much time at all lately for lighting the Akorn, but in time I will so all is good as long as I have this option. I've had PR from the oven, smoked over lump, and even from a rotisserie. This method is just as good as any of them, I'd argue even better in some ways.
Only way I haven't tried yet is from this thing..
Ive also seen a video of a guy cooking one ( in the ground ) wrapped and surrounded by hot bricks, thought that was interesting.?

Great pics wv, love your presentations, as an aside you mention cooking in the ground, you should giggle Maori hangi? Is this similar to what you have seen or heard??? I do a lazy version of the hangi. In a 44 gallon drum. Gas powered.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Late Night Sumpin Sumpin

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="GRailsback"]Dang Woody, you were due to drop one on us. You sure do good. I think if I brought one of those gadgets home the wife wouldn't be to pleased. But it sure looks better than some of the stuff that comes out of a fryer.
I haven't had much time at all lately for lighting the Akorn, but in time I will so all is good as long as I have this option. I've had PR from the oven, smoked over lump, and even from a rotisserie. This method is just as good as any of them, I'd argue even better in some ways.
Only way I haven't tried yet is from this thing..
Ive also seen a video of a guy cooking one ( in the ground ) wrapped and surrounded by hot bricks, thought that was interesting.?[/quote]

Great pics wv, love your presentations, as an aside you mention cooking in the ground, you should giggle Maori hangi? Is this similar to what you have seen or heard??? I do a lazy version of the hangi. In a 44 gallon drum. Gas powered.

Russ[/quote]Thx Russ !

It's almost the same idea. The version I saw was burried in the sand on a beach. The food was wrapped in what looked like burlap and hot bricks we're around the top, bottom and sides. There was a layer of I believe butcher paper between the bricks and sand to keep the food from getting covered with the sand.

I would guess it's probably the same concept. I do know that bricks do hold heat very well so I'm sure these rocks do just as well.

Your cook process sounds really interesting. I like things like this, I'm not ur everyday normal cooking process type of guy.

If it sounds crazy, I'll try it.

Would love to see some pics next time you do this if you wouldn't mind ?
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Late Night Sumpin Sumpin

Postby Russ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 pm

image.jpg
t
image.jpg

This is the drum and burners, and yes I'm like you, I like different,lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”