Plum Jelly

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Plum Jelly

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 am

FWIW, I've also found some great Canning/Preserving Recipes on the Ball (Jar) site :salut:

All this talk about making Jelly has me wanting to make a Hill Country Run for some Hill Country Peaches and make some Preserves but I don't know if our schedule will permit it this year :dont: We always found the best tasting ones around Johnson City and that's quite a run for Preserve Fruit. :whiteflag:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 am

OldUsedParts wrote:FWIW, I've also found some great Canning/Preserving Recipes on the Ball (Jar) site :salut:

All this talk about making Jelly has me wanting to make a Hill Country Run for some Hill Country Peaches and make some Preserves but I don't know if our schedule will permit it this year :dont: We always found the best tasting ones around Johnson City and that's quite a run for Preserve Fruit. :whiteflag:

Emm - They're about done in the HC. Brookshire Bros had some small, Texas peaches last week for .99. I made 6 pints using them and they are quite good
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:55 am

thanks, I usually depend on the Wiffy to check the fruit dept but we must have let them slip by this year - - - there's a local ?distributor? ?gardener? about half way between us and HEB that ?had? a Peach Sign out but I've never been satisfied buying like that :dont:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
bobcat1
Bandolero

Postby bobcat1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 am

Yes sir!
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, I usually depend on the Wiffy to check the fruit dept but we must have let them slip by this year - - - there's a local ?distributor? ?gardener? about half way between us and HEB that ?had? a Peach Sign out but I've never been satisfied buying like that :dont:

Run to BB's and see what they have. We brought our's home and let them sit until they were dang near soft and then cooked them
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 am

FYI - you'll need 4 Lbs for the Sure=Gel recipe; I think I bought 5 Lbs

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”