steamed Dungeness crab

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

steamed Dungeness crab

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 21, 2018 1:38 pm

steamed Dungeness crab for lunch
on special at HEB through tomorrow
Attachments
cook_0122.jpg
cook_0120.jpg
crab.jpg
crab.jpg (64.78 KiB) Viewed 272 times
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 11922
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 21, 2018 2:47 pm

OK OK OK, just as soon as I can get to HEB - - - - :dont: awesome plate, Capt'n :salut: :cheers:
OUP

Beekeeper: Let's do saddle up and go learn that gentleman his manners
Davy Crockett: We won't have to. He's wearing out horses coming towards us
Beekeeper: Guess we can't stop him from coming. But I reckon we can arrange for him to limp going back
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3281
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 pm

Dungeness? A place ?? I'd wolf that down!!!

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3281
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 4:50 pm

CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north


Thanks capt, I shoulda giggled it. When I read it I thought of Loch Ness. A deep underwater loch. It's really massive, we have been there but there was no monster.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north

Thanks capt, I shoulda giggled it. When I read it I thought of Loch Ness. A deep underwater loch. It's really massive, we have been there but there was no monster.
Russ

i've been to LochNess too Image
also the Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3281
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 5:12 pm

CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north

Thanks capt, I shoulda giggled it. When I read it I thought of Loch Ness. A deep underwater loch. It's really massive, we have been there but there was no monster.
Russ

i've been to LochNess too Image
also the Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh


We spent a week in Loch Ness there and explored the area. Loved Isle of Skye very much. Spent a week also in Edinburgh. Did a night tour under the Royal mile where people used to live hundreds of years ago underground. After going through earthquakes here you would never get me underground again. Did you enjoy Scotland?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north

Thanks capt, I shoulda giggled it. When I read it I thought of Loch Ness. A deep underwater loch. It's really massive, we have been there but there was no monster.
Russ

i've been to LochNess too Image
also the Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh


We spent a week in Loch Ness there and explored the area. Loved Isle of Skye very much. Spent a week also in Edinburgh. Did a night tour under the Royal mile where people used to live hundreds of years ago underground. After going through earthquakes here you would never get me underground again.
Did you enjoy Scotland?
Russ

oh yes, spent 10 weeks with my grandmother doing England, Scotland, Hamburg area (where my family is from), Switzerland, Italy, France
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3281
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 5:22 pm

CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:Dungeness? A place ??
I'd wolf that down!!!
Russ

the US west coast from middle California - north

Thanks capt, I shoulda giggled it. When I read it I thought of Loch Ness. A deep underwater loch. It's really massive, we have been there but there was no monster.
Russ

i've been to LochNess too Image
also the Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh


We spent a week in Loch Ness there and explored the area. Loved Isle of Skye very much. Spent a week also in Edinburgh. Did a night tour under the Royal mile where people used to live hundreds of years ago underground. After going through earthquakes here you would never get me underground again.
Did you enjoy Scotland?
Russ

oh yes, spent 10 weeks with my grandmother doing England, Scotland, Hamburg area (where my family is from), Switzerland, France


Lol, we did 7 weeks in the uk exploring the places, my family trace to a town called Bodmin in Cornwall, so we also spent a week in that area. 3 brothers left England in the 1800s and moved to Nz. Was good to check out my roots. Loved st Ives and Penzance and also around bath. Amazing places.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby CaptJack » Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm

starting tomorrow
snow crabs are on special
Attachments
snow.jpg
snow.jpg (64.27 KiB) Viewed 241 times
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
Mule rider
Wrangler
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 am
Location: Northern Calif.
Contact:

Re: steamed Dungeness crab

Postby Mule rider » Tue May 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Capt Jack how far north in Calif. did you go? I am next to the Oregon border in a town called Crescent City. We are almost the Home of Dungeness Crab.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest