Leftovers.

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Leftovers.

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 pm

As mentioned in another thread, following two weeks of icky, sticky, steamy weather, I have lost the will to cook.

We still gotta eat, though.

Leftovers to the rescue: one pack of frozen cooked deboned Country Reebz. One small pack frozen roasted peppers (our own!), a scoop of brown sugar, a shake of seasoning, a squirt of ketchup, a small can of beans, but first, we simmered THESE.

(Some of our maters cracked. So if the cracks are bad enough, I cook them.)

Came out goooooood!

Green salad on the side.

Hoping for cooler, less revolting weather so I will recover my Will To Cook. In the meantime, this wasn't bad.
Moink!
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Leftovers.

Postby Williep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Nothing wrong with that, looks pretty dang good to me. :salut: :salut:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks, WP!
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Everything looks great to me, Mam :salut: :cheers: - - - - back when I had a green thumb I found that incorrect watering would sometimes cause my Maters to split. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Our maters have been pretty prolific this year and we're happy with them, even if some split. We've just had a favorite breakfast for this time of year: a bagel with scallion cream cheese and slices of our own maters. :D
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Everything looks great to me, Mam :salut: :cheers: - - - - back when I had a green thumb I found that incorrect watering would sometimes cause my Maters to split. :dont:

Too much water or too little? We are pretty good with watering when needed, but we've had a couple of deluges in a row. :?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Usually it's lack of water, however, the deluges could have done it also. Split or no split those are some nice Maters :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Great plates ma'am. I envy you picking tomatoes, being we are opposite weather here. Do you make your own tomatoe sauce.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 am

Almost looks like a stew we make around Autumn/Winter.
Looks great, I'd eat that every night if I could. Gimme a good piece of Garlic Bread and is be set :)

P.S, u'll be back outside making smoke before ya know it so hang in there you two .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:28 am

I wuz gonna say that it reminded my of my Pork Chili but my wounds haven't healed from the last comment :whiteflag: :laughing7:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am

Russ wrote:Great plates ma'am. I envy you picking tomatoes, being we are opposite weather here. Do you make your own tomatoe sauce.

Russ

Yes, when we have enough tomatoes! One year, we had Blacks: Prince and Krim. All I did was skin them, cut them up a little, and cook them down. Nothing added; the finished sauce tasted like a complete, seasoned restaurant-quality product.

Can't find the black tomato seedlings here, so we're growing them from seed next time. They are my favorites.

This year, we have Better Boy (in picture), Bonnie Original (mmm!), Celebrity (high-acid, high-flavor), and Patio (meh.).

Thanks, one 'n' all.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I wuz gonna say that it reminded my of my Pork Chili but my wounds haven't healed from the last comment :whiteflag: :laughing7:

Chili isn’t pork; sausage isn’t beef
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

:P :laughing7: I guess I'll never learn :banghead:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
Russ wrote:Great plates ma'am. I envy you picking tomatoes, being we are opposite weather here. Do you make your own tomatoe sauce.

Russ

Yes, when we have enough tomatoes! One year, we had Blacks: Prince and Krim. All I did was skin them, cut them up a little, and cook them down. Nothing added; the finished sauce tasted like a complete, seasoned restaurant-quality product.

Can't find the black tomato seedlings here, so we're growing them from seed next time. They are my favorites.

This year, we have Better Boy (in picture), Bonnie Original (mmm!), Celebrity (high-acid, high-flavor), and Patio (meh.).

Thanks, one 'n' all.

We grow from seed, we found one plant that produced really nice tomatoes. We dried one out and use those seeds for next crop. I'm due to start planting seeds out soon. I've never heard of the ones you use.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::P :laughing7: I guess I'll never learn :banghead:

:texas:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”