Cold Brewed Grilled Hazelnut/Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Cold Brewed Grilled Hazelnut/Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Well I'm not afraid to tackle yet another out of the box recipe over the Lump Coals.
Grabbed some fresh Hazelnut Beans from our local Coffee Roaster, coarse ground them yesterday morning and let them sit in some cold water till a few hours ago. Strained them well and used some in this brownie recipe that I came across online.
Hoping it comes out well but if not I'll still post the aftermath :)
0819182008~2.jpeg
0819182039~2.jpeg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Last edited by woodenvisions on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Cold Brewed Grilled Hazelnut/Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Looks real good. My granddaughters fave dessert is brownie. Coincidence I made it last night as well. How did you cook it? In an egg??

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Cold Brewed Grilled Hazelnut/Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Russ wrote:Looks real good. My granddaughters fave dessert is brownie. Coincidence I made it last night as well. How did you cook it? In an egg??

Russ
Can't beat brownies Russ, especially when you lay some scoops of Vanilla Bean across the hot tops of the brownies..

I don't have an Egg I've been using a Akorn style Kamado. Its not ceramic, its steel and Porcelain coated but works on the same principal of being efficient in holding temps and using very little of a fuel source which is usually Lump Charcoal. Its been 30 minutes so I'm gonna go pull it and let it sit for a few before I sample a piece.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:30 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:Looks real good. My granddaughters fave dessert is brownie. Coincidence I made it last night as well. How did you cook it? In an egg??

Russ
Can't beat brownies Russ, especially when you lay some scoops of Vanilla Bean across the hot tops of the brownies..

I don't have an Egg I've been using a Akorn style Kamado. Its not ceramic, its steel and Porcelain coated but works on the same principal of being efficient in holding temps and using very little of a fuel source which is usually Lump Charcoal. Its been 30 minutes so I'm gonna go pull it and let it sit for a few before I sample a piece.

Lol, I served mine with vanilla ice cream and fresh cream. Kids split leftovers and took home. I've only ever done it inside but might try over coals as well. Thanks and enjoy you pudd.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cold Brewed Grilled Hazelnut/Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Looks real good. My granddaughters fave dessert is brownie. Coincidence I made it last night as well. How did you cook it? In an egg??

Russ

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk[/quote]

Lol, I served mine with vanilla ice cream and fresh cream. Kids split leftovers and took home. I've only ever done it inside but might try over coals as well. Thanks and enjoy you pudd.

Russ[/quote]That's funny lol..

Give it a shot, baking over coals really works if you do it right. I rarely use the oven for anything these days.
Gonna go cut these up they smell incredible.
Pics coming up in a few, get ready to get ur drool on :)

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Verdict ::::

Surprisingly, I can actually taste a hint of Hazelnut Coffee. I was Skeptical because of all of the other ingredients, but it really shows up. They are extremely dense like me sometimes :)
As for being moist, there's not a dry morsel anywhere to be had and it weighs a Ton !
Awesome recipe, well worth the Cold Brew Prep. Hope you all enjoy the pics, I gotta go grab some semi frozen Whole Milk ( love the ice crystals in milk )...

0819182130a~2.jpeg
0819182130~2.jpeg
0819182126a~2.jpeg
0819182126~2.jpeg
0819182124~2.jpeg

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Those sound and look great. I’m not a huge chocolate fan but do occasionally enjoy a brownie with some vanilla ice cream in top. The hint of coffee sounds like a perfect touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 am

All I can do is "DROOL" since I opted out of alcohol and caffine early April of this year.
drool.jpeg
drool.jpeg (5.06 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:15 am

OldUsedParts wrote:All I can do is "DROOL" since I opted out of alcohol and caffine early April of this year.
drool.jpeg
I could do decaf coffee brownies for you but ur still stuck with the chocolate and cacoa caffeine unfortunately.

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Browniiiies! :salut:
Moink!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Brownies. Nothing over, nothing besides. There are never any leftovers when we have brownies. Yours looks excellent.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”