Apple cobbler!

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Apple cobbler!

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Made my first ever cobbler the other day and it turned out awesome! It was peach, and I was unable to get any pics before it got demolished :( BUT!! I picked up some apples today so I could make another. Simple cobbler made with honeycrisp apples.. Sliced the apples then sauteed with some butter, then added some cinnamon, sugar, and a touch of nutmeg. Made the cobbler batter and tossed it in the pan, then a 350° oven. Smells... Amazing...

20180909_204036.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Apple cobbler!

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Txdragon wrote:Made my first ever cobbler the other day and it turned out awesome! It was peach, and I was unable to get any pics before it got demolished :( BUT!! I picked up some apples today so I could make another. Simple cobbler made with honeycrisp apples.. Sliced the apples then sauteed with some butter, then added some cinnamon, sugar, and a touch of nutmeg. Made the cobbler batter and tossed it in the pan, then a 350° oven. Smells... Amazing...

20180909_204036.jpg
I can smell it from here TD , looks great !!
Did u use any Brown Sugar ?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Txd, that base looks like the one I make, what's in the topping please?? My sons fave is apple crumble. I'd like to try your topping.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Man, you and Woody are killing me tonight. That looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Txdragon wrote:Made my first ever cobbler the other day and it turned out awesome! It was peach, and I was unable to get any pics before it got demolished :( BUT!! I picked up some apples today so I could make another. Simple cobbler made with honeycrisp apples.. Sliced the apples then sauteed with some butter, then added some cinnamon, sugar, and a touch of nutmeg. Made the cobbler batter and tossed it in the pan, then a 350° oven. Smells... Amazing...

20180909_204036.jpg
I can smell it from here TD , looks great !!
Did u use any Brown Sugar ?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Thanks!
I sprinkled some cinnamon over the top before baking. No brown sugar was harmed in the making of this baked good!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Russ wrote:Txd, that base looks like the one I make, what's in the topping please?? My sons fave is apple crumble. I'd like to try your topping.

Russ

Just cinnamon sprinkled before baking. The batter itself was VERY simple. 1c flour, 1c sugar, 1/4tsp salt, 3/4c milk. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter mix as well.

bsooner75 wrote:Man, you and Woody are killing me tonight. That looks really good.

Thank you!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 am

Txdragon wrote:
Russ wrote:Txd, that base looks like the one I make, what's in the topping please?? My sons fave is apple crumble. I'd like to try your topping.

Russ

Just cinnamon sprinkled before baking. The batter itself was VERY simple. 1c flour, 1c sugar, 1/4tsp salt, 3/4c milk. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter mix as well.

bsooner75 wrote:Man, you and Woody are killing me tonight. That looks really good.

Thank you!

Cheers man.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:34 am

Yo Chef-Tex, that looks good and it also screams "One Scoop of Blue Bell Niller in Center Please" :cheers:

Did you put the batter in first and then the rest on top? Some folks put the batter on top or even mix it in with the Fruit Mix :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yo Chef-Tex, that looks good and it also screams "One Scoop of Blue Bell Niller in Center Please" :cheers:

Did you put the batter in first and then the rest on top? Some folks put the batter on top or even mix it in with the Fruit Mix :dont:

Thank ya, sir! It's excellent with a scoop! I start with about 6 pats of butter melted in the pan, then in with the batter and the fruit on top.
I **sorta** mix it a little. Really nothing more than just moving the fruit around to evenly distribute but I do like the idea of mixing it up in the batter. I'll have to try that on the next one. Think I skipped some baking powder in this one too. Lol!
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 am

What Sooner said! :salut:
Moink!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”