The "Inclement" Oven Filet Mignon

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

The "Inclement" Oven Filet Mignon

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Had a small Filet thawed and needed to cook it or chunk it but the weather ain't fit for Man, Beast or BBQ'n. Googled an Oven Recipe and cooked it in a small C.I.Skillet. With the help of a liberal dusting of Suckle Busters Campfire Steak Seasoning, the taste was OK but I missed the Charcoal Smoke Flavor along with the red juices that this Bulk Bought Beef lacks. Fixed some Jalapeno Mashed Taters and Nuked an ear of Corn and now I'm waiting for that 60 something temps we're supposed to get on Friday so I can Smoke a small 2.75 lb Pork Shoulder. :tup:

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: The "Inclement" Oven Filet Mignon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Still looks pretty good Parts. I am off into a mess of chili cooking right now. Since the Matt posted those ribs yesterday, figured I would use up some chili inventory and put an order in. 39 here at the house. And woke up to no water this morning. But the water well folks have it fixed.
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:54 pm

oh well Image
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm

I would’ve sworn this was Parts House :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Hmmmmm, Sooner, now there's an iddie fo sho :lol: :scratch:

G'Rail, the lowest I've seen this year was this morning at 34, however, that NNW howlin wind will cut you into coming off of the Lake - - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Even the Cats have spent more snoozin time inside today. :laughing7:
Thanks for the reminder, I may just have to get that last bag of leftover Chili out of the Freezer :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:29 am

Apologize for the late reply on this parts. Had to make a run up north, brother in law went down with the cancer he had been fighting. I went up to see him in July while he was still alive and still knew me. I could have used that big batch of chili I made up in Wisconsin this past week. Plenty cold up there, and good to be home. The only time I go north of the Mason Dixon Line after Sept. is if someone passes away.

Sooner, I brought a few more brats and cheese curds back with me. And my buddy that works for Ben E Kieth brought me over 2 big turkey breast today, so that project is coming up soon.

IMG_3537.jpg
The Counselor sorted me out tonight on how to cook these breast. Going to give it a go in the next couple of weeks.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:59 am

Sorry about your Brother-in-law, Pal, as far as traveling goes, the older I get the more local I try to stay :texas: :whiteflag:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:02 am

Very sorry to hear about your brother in law.

Cheese curds - definitely some good munchies there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Yes, Wisconsin cheese curds are really good. It was opening weekend of deer season up there this past weekend. And I stopped at the local meat market in the small town where a cousin of mine lives, and the cars with the reciever hitch platforms on the back of them were lined up down the street and around the corner waiting to drop off there deer there. Quite a site.

The brother in law was a good man, best one I have ever had. They had the service right after the viewing. And the viewing was catered. Roast beef, chicken, mashed potato's, mac n cheese, and corn, with salad and rolls. Never been to a viewing that was catered. Been to a lot of funerals that had lunch or dinner after the cemetary service, but never the viewing.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 pm

GRailsback wrote:Yes, Wisconsin cheese curds are really good. It was opening weekend of deer season up there this past weekend. And I stopped at the local meat market in the small town where a cousin of mine lives, and the cars with the reciever hitch platforms on the back of them were lined up down the street and around the corner waiting to drop off there deer there. Quite a site.

The brother in law was a good man, best one I have ever had. They had the service right after the viewing. And the viewing was catered. Roast beef, chicken, mashed potato's, mac n cheese, and corn, with salad and rolls. Never been to a viewing that was catered. Been to a lot of funerals that had lunch or dinner after the cemetary service, but never the viewing.

Only been to 1viewing, my nana in 76, never again. Just not for me.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Btw, great plate emm.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”