It/s wet and Cold; Gumbo Time

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

It/s wet and Cold; Gumbo Time

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:56 pm

It's 40 degrees and raining. My wife, who is a great cook made some shrimp, andouille sausage, chicken thighs, okra Gumbo with Jalepeno Cornbread Muffins.
Attachments
IMG_1710[6620].JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: It/s wet and Cold; Gumbo Time

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:10 pm

It’s always Gumbo weather. Especially when it looks that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Dang Rambo, a little mess of some dressing on that salad and get a little butter ready for the cornbread and you are in great shape.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 pm

I can smell it thousands of miles away !!

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:08 pm

I would turn in your driveway on two wheels amigo.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:10 am

Iffin that ain't Comfort Food, I don't know what is - - - - Aaaaeeeeeee, Cher :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:09 am

Looks good for sure. Save me a bowl!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks all; Sherry is a very good cook. I'm sure, for sure, we could all get some Gumbo tips from EH but she does pretty good for an ol East Texas Gal. Actually, we're only about
60 miles from Louisiana. She was able to score some real pretty, fresh, already deveined, 16-20 shrimp that were quite large before going in the pot.

Maybe Chuck would bless us with a recipe.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 am

Rambo wrote:Thanks all; Sherry is a very good cook. I'm sure, for sure, we could all get some Gumbo tips from EH but she does pretty good for an ol East Texas Gal. Actually, we're only about
60 miles from Louisiana. She was able to score some real pretty, fresh, already deveined, 16-20 shrimp that were quite large before going in the pot.

That gumbo is looking fantastic!
We're not far from LA on the Arkansas side. Were about 2 hours from Benton, LA. We went out that way a couple days ago and stopped at a grocery store to look around. Found a killer deal on catfish nuggets I couldn't turn away; 1.50/lb. Here, they go for almost 4/lb. We ended up with 4 packages, 2lbs each. Can't wait to see about scoring some mud bugs when the time comes!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:29 am

Down here, Mud Bugs only make it from the pot to my mouth Via the Head Fat introduction and I can't wait - - - - Come'on Mardi Gras/Lent :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 am

Txdragon wrote:
Rambo wrote:Thanks all; Sherry is a very good cook. I'm sure, for sure, we could all get some Gumbo tips from EH but she does pretty good for an ol East Texas Gal. Actually, we're only about

That gumbo is looking fantastic!
We're not far from LA on the Arkansas side. Were about 2 hours from Benton, LA. We went out that way a couple days ago and stopped at a grocery store to look around. Found a killer deal on catfish nuggets I couldn't turn away; 1.50/lb. Here, they go for almost 4/lb. We ended up with 4 packages, 2lbs each. Can't wait to see about scoring some mud bugs when the time comes!

You're gonna have quite a drive. You've got to get 2 or 3 hours below Shreveport to start geting into the bayous
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Rambo, how do you get to have your wife cook. Mine doesn't, ever. You're a lucky man.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Russ wrote:Rambo, how do you get to have your wife cook. Mine doesn't, ever. You're a lucky man.

Russ

Russ, she comes from a Family of fantastic Country Cooks; I get great stuff on Holidays and she lets me do most of the meat; it’s perfect
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Rambo wrote:
Russ wrote:Rambo, how do you get to have your wife cook. Mine doesn't, ever. You're a lucky man.

Russ

Russ, she comes from a Family of fantastic Country Cooks; I get great stuff on Holidays and she lets me do most of the meat; it’s perfect

My wife's mum was a good cook, my wife didn't inherit the skills. It doesn't bother me, as I love cooking. We are away with son and his wife and 3 kids, I do all cooking for everyone, my d.i.l is a great girl and I love to give her a break. She says its like being in a hotel. Cooked brekkies go down well. Man we get through the eggs. I'll have a break when I get home,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”