Friday taco

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Friday taco

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:42 pm

It is chili season over here Mr Joe. But I don't eat a lot of jalps, my Mrs likes a lot of hot stuff, but i limit mine. If you ever place another order from SB, be sure to include several of the competition chili kits. They are inexpensive, and you will end up with a bowl of Texas Red like Mr Egghead just posted. It really is good stuff.

Also, I could make a meal out of that bowl of quacamole that you posted. With lots of garlic powder and diced tomato's and corn chips, and cold beer.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:45 pm

GRailsback wrote:It is chili season over here Mr Joe. But I don't eat a lot of jalps, my Mrs likes a lot of hot stuff, but i limit mine. If you ever place another order from SB, be sure to include several of the competition chili kits. They are inexpensive, and you will end up with a bowl of Texas Red like Mr Egghead just posted. It really is good stuff.

Also, I could make a meal out of that bowl of quacamole that you posted. With lots of garlic powder and diced tomato's and corn chips, and cold beer.
I'll order some next time.

Regarding the guacamole I follow you. We often do what you say later in the evening with the leftover.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm

:cheers:
techieq USER_AVATAR
TechieQ
Wrangler

Postby TechieQ » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:32 pm

I think you'd be surprised because I remove the veins and seeds on my Jalapenos and unless they are those special extra hot ones I don't think you'd have any problem handling them. :tup:

Yeah, I like the flavor of jalapenos, but I can put up with some heat to get it. The rest of my family can't. Too many people don't realize there's really flavor there. I also learned that botanically peppers are closely related to berries and have the same nutritious vitamins and antioxidants. A jalapeno has as much vitamin C as an orange, so I'm eating healthy!

You can further turn down the heat after removing veins and seeds by soaking them in Sprite for an hour or two then discarding the liquid.
Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it's a start.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:26 am

Good looking Tacos, around here it’s Taco Tuesday :fiestanana:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 am

Yo Joe, I scored me some "Flats" this morning so I'll be filling them up with something in a day or so. :tup:
I still think they should be called Boats and not Flats. :dont:
IMG_0250.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:34 am

Cool. Looking forward to it. I call them tubs. Flats was new for me.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
techieq USER_AVATAR
TechieQ
Wrangler

Postby TechieQ » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:46 pm

I saw those boats and flats for the first time in my grocery store yesterday. I'm not sure if they're new there, or I was just aware of them from this thread and noticed for the first time. I'll bring them to my wife's attention to see about trying them out sometime.
Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it's a start.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”