Friday taco

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Friday taco

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 pm

In our house Fridays are taco day. Believe we make it a bit simpler than you. Minced meat with spices. Chopped onions, salad, corn, shredded cheese and guacamole.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Friday taco

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Any day is a good day for a taco and there is nothing wrong with those you are serving up.

We do ours two different ways. One we call school cafeteria style. Hard shell (I like a flour tortilla wrapped around mine) ground beef, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato and salsa.

The other is closer to a street taco as we only dress them with cilantro, onion and salsa then give a squeeze of lime. I like pulled beef , pork or steak for these. Traditionally served on corn tortillas but the gringo in me likes flour from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Looks great, :salut: :cheers: Joe, what are the little cup/boats you fill with the goodies called ?

I use White Corn Torts almost exclusively except when making Quesadillas :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Any day is a good day for a taco and there is nothing wrong with those you are serving up.

We do ours two different ways. One we call school cafeteria style. Hard shell (I like a flour tortilla wrapped around mine) ground beef, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato and salsa.

The other is closer to a street taco as we only dress them with cilantro, onion and salsa then give a squeeze of lime. I like pulled beef , pork or steak for these. Traditionally served on corn tortillas but the gringo in me likes flour from time to time.

Thanks for the explanation. We also varies between soft and hard shells, tortillas and tubs ( like today). Flour and corn. I prefer hard shell made of corn, but I don't get that too often since my wife has found that soft flour shell or tortillas are healthier. Can you believe why the best tasting stuff never are the healthiest?

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Looks great, :salut: :cheers: Joe, what are the little cup/boats you fill with the goodies called ?

I use White Corn Torts almost exclusively except when making Quesadillas :tup:
Thanks. We call them taco tubs but the package says soft taco boats. Made of flour. I prefer the mini taco tubs in picture 2. Less mess than shells.ImageImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Those are cool - - - if I had a box of those Tubs, I'd have to put my mind in Quarantine :scratch: :?: :scratch: :?: :scratch: :?: :scratch: :?: :laughing7: :lol: :D
Thanks, Joe :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Those are cool - - - if I had a box of those Boats, I'd have to put my mind in Quarantine :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :laughing7: :D
Thanks, Joe :salut:
Haha. Don't you have them over there? We have them in two sizes small and big.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Those taco tubs are pretty cool

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Good stuff Mr Joe. Although, I am with sooner on this one. I prefer flour tortillas with mine as well. And I also equally like chicken as much as beef. Since it is so cold over there right now, you can take a couple of chicken breast, split them in half length ways, and grill them up in a pan with plenty of SB seasoning. The Mrs will thank you for that, Fonzie as well.

There is a taco trailer 4 houses down from me at the end of my street. Street tacos as sooner mentions, chicken or beef, on flour, cilantro, onions, lime, and a homemade salso that is HOT!!!. And they cost 1.50 each, good stuff.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Joernolav wrote: Don't you have them over there? We have them in two sizes small and big.

I surely haven't seen anything like that but they could very well be on the shelves and I haven't seen them. Of course I rarely look at stuff that I'm not buying so I could easily miss a lot of merchandise. :dont: :banghead:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Oh Oh, went Googling HEB's website and look what I found - - - - I'll definitely get some soon and the first thought I had was Nacho Boats with lots of chez, salsa and pulled pork :whiteflag:

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/orte ... ls/1732134
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 pm

GRailsback wrote:Good stuff Mr Joe. Although, I am with sooner on this one. I prefer flour tortillas with mine as well. And I also equally like chicken as much as beef. Since it is so cold over there right now, you can take a couple of chicken breast, split them in half length ways, and grill them up in a pan with plenty of SB seasoning. The Mrs will thank you for that, Fonzie as well.

There is a taco trailer 4 houses down from me at the end of my street. Street tacos as sooner mentions, chicken or beef, on flour, cilantro, onions, lime, and a homemade salso that is HOT!!!. And they cost 1.50 each, good stuff.
Thanks. We'll try the chicken tip. You are probably eating a lot more chili and jalapeno than us so when you say hot I'd probably died eating that.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:31 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Oh Oh, went Googling HEB's website and look what I found - - - - I'll definitely get some soon and the first thought I had was Nacho Boats with lots of chez, salsa and pulled pork :whiteflag:

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/orte ... ls/1732134
There you go. That will be great. Couldn't believe we would have a bigger Tex Mex assortment up here north than you.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Joernolav wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Thanks. We'll try the chicken tip. You are probably eating a lot more chili and jalapeno than us so when you say hot I'd probably died eating that.

I think you'd be surprised because I remove the veins and seeds on my Jalapenos and unless they are those special extra hot ones I don't think you'd have any problem handling them. :tup:

Real quickly and speaking of Jalapenos, a friend of mine told me several years ago that if you wanted to raise extra hot jalapenos just use pine sawdust and shavings for their mulch in the garden. WOW :angryfire: did he ever know what he was speaking of. After I "TRIED" to eat part of the first one I ended up pulling the plants and throwing them on the burn pile. :whiteflag: :banghead: :angryfire:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Haha. That's funny.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”