Waffles and Brown cheese

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Waffles and Brown cheese

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am

Great waffles. Yours are thicker than ours. I have made some for breakfast when visiting the US. I like them, but they should be with brown cheese or jam, or both. Nutella is of course always ok. We also often use a dash of sour cream and a spoonful of strawberry or raspberry jam on top.

As far as hijacking my thread, I don't see it that way. Everyone is free to post related stuff in my threads. Nothing is better than if my threads create activity.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:24 pm

I have used sour cream and jellies before but never cheese - - - - can you describe the taste of brown cheese ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I have used sour cream and jellies before but never cheese - - - - can you describe the taste of brown cheese ?
Brown cheese is sweet and with a taste of caramel. I think its brown because the sugar has turned brown during cooking. Similar to when you make caramel.

Here's from wikipedia:

" The texture is firm, but slightly softer than Gouda cheese, for example, and lends itself well to cutting and shaping. It does not crumble like hard cheeses. The taste is sweet, and best described as caramel-like, but with a tang that is more noticeable in the variants that contain goat's milk. The variant Ekte Geitost ("true goat's cheese") contains only whey and goat's milk, and has an intense, Chèvre-like taste that cuts the sweetness."

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:46 pm

:salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”