It Was A Crabby Evening

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

It Was A Crabby Evening

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:21 am

Stopped off at Rose's Seafood in Seabrook yesterday and picked up a pound of crab meat and a couple pounds of shrimp. For dinner it was crab patties, shrimp and corn on the cob. The shrimp were baked in the oven with lemon slice's, a couple sticks of butter and seasoned with McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb. Boiled the corn for a few minutes in water, milk, a stick of butter and cajun seasoning, after turning the heat off I let it rest in the pot a few more minutes. With everything on the good china I put some pico on the crab Patty with jalapeno's on the side and mixed up some ketchup and SB Chipotle Pepper Sauce to dip the shrimp in. :cheers: :cheers:

Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic7.jpg
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: It Was A Crabby Evening

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 am

Man Willie, you ate well! Great looking meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:41 am

Dang that looks good Wille That milk in with the corn is a new one on me.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:42 am

Great Grub from the Gulf Coast Gourmet Guru as always :tup: :salut: My salt-water food craving has been rampant lately and looking at this plate surely don't help none :cheers: :chef: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 am

GRailsback wrote:Dang that looks good Wille That milk in with the corn is a new one on me.

I saw that recipe somewhere a few year's ago and have been doing it that way ever since when I boil it. :cheers:

I add the butter and cajun seasoning while bringing it to a boil then the milk and corn.

Ingredients

6-8 ears of corn, husks and silks removed and cut in half (if desired)
1 cup milk
1 stick Challenge butter

Instructions

Fill a large pot about halfway with water.

Bring water to a boil.

Add milk and butter. Add corn and reduce heat.

Simmer corn for 6 to 8 minutes.

Remove corn from cooking liquid and its ready to serve.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 am

Thanks Willie, I will have to keep this in mind when it gets back to corn boiling season for me. I also looked up the seafood place online. Never been there, but I have drank many a beer at the Outriggers there under the bridge before it closed down.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 am

That's the way my Mom used to do what she called Roastin Ears or Corn on the Cob
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am

GRailsback wrote:Thanks Willie, I will have to keep this in mind when it gets back to corn boiling season for me. I also looked up the seafood place online. Never been there, but I have drank many a beer at the Outriggers there under the bridge before it closed down.

It's going to be a mess down there when they start the new road construction, it may limit my trip's down there. :banghead: :banghead:

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 am

Hey Willie what was the temp and time on the shrimp cook?
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 am

Williep wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Thanks Willie, I will have to keep this in mind when it gets back to corn boiling season for me. I also looked up the seafood place online. Never been there, but I have drank many a beer at the Outriggers there under the bridge before it closed down.

It's going to be a mess down there when they start the new road construction, it may limit my trip's down there. :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, that is why the Outrigger closed down. It is supposed to open up somewhere else down there in that area but not sure where. I want to go down there to that seafood place now. That is a great looking meal from last night.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

GRailsback wrote:Hey Willie what was the temp and time on the shrimp cook?

Cook temp was 375 for about 15 minutes or so, I just kept an eye on them so I wouldn't over cook them, didn't want them to turn into rubber. :lol:

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am

OldUsedParts wrote:That's the way my Mom used to do what she called Roastin Ears or Corn on the Cob

And it was " Field Corn"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 am

GRailsback wrote:
Williep wrote:

Yes, that is why the Outrigger closed down. It is supposed to open up somewhere else down there in that area but not sure where. I want to go down there to that seafood place now. That is a great looking meal from last night.

I read this on their FB page.

Outriggers Seafood Grill & Bar
December 5, 2018 ·

Thank you to everyone who has supported Outriggers throughout the years. These last 18 years were nothing short of wonderful!

We look forward to extending our relationship with the community to the newest addition to the neighborhood O2 Bistro by John Schafer!
The restaurant offers New American style cuisine and brings a much needed downtown feel to the area. You might also notice you recognize a few friendly faces there from our previous staff So please stop by for dinner and drinks. They also have an awesome Happy Hour Menu!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:49 am

That look like a delicious meal.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon