Indian Fry Bread - Yummies

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Indian Fry Bread - Yummies

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:47 pm

Sherry wanted some Indian Fry Bread today so I made some dough and fixed about 7. We didn't use them for Tacos this time, we split them and coated them with butter, honey and powdered sugar. Even tho the Plate is "Ugly" the taste was AWESOME !

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Indian Fry Bread - Yummies

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 pm

:cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:45 am

Hey, Neighbor, have Y'all ever been to the Alabama Choshatta Reservation down East of Livingston? They used to have a Pow Wow every June and the elder ladies of the Tribe would make Fry Bread and Tacos to sell to the Visitors. My Mom would always go get about a dozen of them and bring them back to where we were all sitting (on the ground) - - - - that usually happened twice before the night was finished. :cheers: :chef: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey, Neighbor, have Y'all ever been to the Alabama Choshatta Reservation down East of Livingston? They used to have a Pow Wow every June and the elder ladies of the Tribe would make Fry Bread and Tacos to sell to the Visitors. My Mom would always go get about a dozen of them and bring them back to where we were all sitting (on the ground) - - - - that usually happened twice before the night was finished. :cheers: :chef: :cheers:

Was there fire water involved?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:16 am

Back then there was but we had to sneak it in because of The Treaty :drunk: :laughing7: :lol: :D

My little sister's kids call The Pow Wow the "Hey Ya Hey Ya Dance" :D :lol:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:23 am

Sneaking it is just as good, as long as you have some is all that matters.

I just finished a book called “Killers of The Flower Moon”

I think they just made a movie about it and filmed it on the Osage Reservation in Osage County OK.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 am

I haven’t been Emm
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 am

GRailsback wrote:Sneaking it is just as good, as long as you have some is all that matters.

I just finished a book called “Killers of The Flower Moon”

I think they just made a movie about it and filmed it on the Osage Reservation in Osage County OK.

My Family was pretty close to some of the Alabama Choushata People. My Dad worked with several at Tennessee Gas Transmission Co. (Tenneco now) and my Mom became friends with Chief Botise (sp) later. We also took some Paint and Appaloosa Horses down to the Reservation for them to use as a demonstration one time. Fun Times One and All :tup:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:09 pm

Never been near there but I know what an Appaloosa horse looks like and that fry bread looks AWESOME. :cheers:
Moink!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”