Lonestar Barbecue Society

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

southern pride bbq USER_AVATAR
Southern Pride BBQ
Bandolero

Re: Lonestar Barbecue Society

Postby Southern Pride BBQ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Been cooking LSBS for 4 years now and have loved every minute of it......Great people and Great cookoffs.....
Southern Pride BBQ Cooking Team, Waco TX

IF you can't Barbeque with the big dogs, stay on the Porch !!!

Now, I'm gonna put this charcoal in a nice Geometrical shape, called a PILE......
Wtxsmoker
Wrangler

Postby Wtxsmoker » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

Redneck
I cooked in LSBS maybe 10-12 years ago and did well. That was before I started my company and had to work 24/7. I hope to get back to LSBS comp cooking next year. I would like to help judge a few events in the WTX and panhandle areas.

Back in the day they would have a LSBS event organizer, just a few real judges, and a few locals to cull the bbq. Is that still the case?
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 am

Wtxsmoker wrote:Redneck
I cooked in LSBS maybe 10-12 years ago and did well. That was before I started my company and had to work 24/7. I hope to get back to LSBS comp cooking next year. I would like to help judge a few events in the WTX and panhandle areas.

Back in the day they would have a LSBS event organizer, just a few real judges, and a few locals to cull the bbq. Is that still the case?

Yes, Each cook off has a prompter, a certified head judge and the general public are used as judges...The promoter is responsible for all the papperwork, palate cleaners..(crackers, pickles), plactic ware.....and having food judges lined up to use....I can get you in contact with the people to get you trained and certified ...just let me ow when your want to start...
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
love pork nʹ my wife USER_AVATAR
LOVE PORK N' MY WIFE
Pilgrim

Postby LOVE PORK N' MY WIFE » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:06 am

My wife and I are building our competition rig now. We are complete rookies and are looking to join as well. Yall answered a lot of the questions that I had. Thanks!
mcallister_bbq USER_AVATAR
mcallister_bbq
Pilgrim

Postby mcallister_bbq » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Looks like fun !!
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:03 am

LSBS is a great organization. Very good competition! Anyone looking to join a cook-off association should take a good look at LSBS.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”