New comp trailer plans

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sdar
Pilgrim

Re: New comp trailer plans

Postby sdar » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:02 pm

That explains it. Food truck will be the commissary. Good luck with it.
RangerJ
Rustler

Re: New comp trailer plans

Postby RangerJ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:57 pm

The Pit will need sinks if you intend to sell off it before your 26 foot step van is complete.

do we see guys on the side of the road? sure. But if it's going to be something you do on a regular basis, before the step van then rest assured at some point, the Health Department shows up.

We've been open for business since June and we've sold across 4 different counties and all say the same thing. Most do have temporary permits that allow for road side sales but still require an area for dishes ( which can be like 3 gray buckets used in competition), a source of hot water, and running water to wash hands.

Obviously, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't get caught, but when it becomes your primary source of income, I don't think you'll want to risk getting someone sick or getting busted, especially not in this era of social media.

I'm leaning towards the trailer like your proposing for catering, the current porch trailer I have is just a beast to haul / move around.

Best of luck.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”