raising work table height

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Mark
Pilgrim

raising work table height

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 pm

I have seen teams that have raised the height of their work tables, so that when working for extended times, are not bent over. I think the extensions are made of PVC pipe. My tables are the typical fold out legs that Costco carries. I think the brand is Lifetyme. Does anyone have any tip or plans on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re: raising work table height

Postby cowboydon » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:09 pm

All of mine are done with 1.5 inch diameter PVC from HD, pre cut 36 inch length, and simply slipped over the legs on the fold out table.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
txmike
Pilgrim

Postby txmike » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 pm

So my tip is..... i use a 4ft (I think) table. To get it to work to working Height I added 1.5 in pvc cut to length needed. The trick is to keep it from wobbling. My table legs are straight.

I wrapped the table legs in two spots with duck tape. The Outside diameter of the tape wrap is the same as the inside diameter of the pipe. It fits very snug but helps keep the table from shaking back and fourth.
txluke USER_AVATAR
txluke
Wrangler

Postby txluke » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm

I also use PVC for my 6ft folding table. They store in the corners of a plastic milk crate that my propane bottle sits in. All is nice and snug and nothing gets lost.
B&K Smokers
Rustler

Postby B&K Smokers » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:54 pm

I suggest just getting the work tables with adjustable legs. Thats what all mine are.
hesco
Pilgrim

Postby hesco » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I have a work table with detachable leg extensions that I do not install so I can work while sitting. May not work for everybody but sure does work for me fairly well.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”