Looking for trailer pit mfg. in Mt. Pleasant, TX

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

40 ACRZ
Pilgrim

Re: Looking for trailer pit mfg. in Mt. Pleasant, TX

Postby 40 ACRZ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:39 am

AWESOME! Finally, a great lead...

Any chance you know some contact information about them?
40 ACRZ
Pilgrim

Postby 40 ACRZ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:01 am

Just found them on Google...

Kearney & Sons Trailers‎
1035 State Highway 19
Emory, TX‎ - (903) 473-3405‎

Just spoke with Terry Kearney (I think) and was told that they would modify the pits. For example, the smaller one pictured on someone's craigslist ad at http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1855863752.html can have propane log-lighter run to the firebox for $60 extra. SUPER nice guy and a great price on a 1/4" constructed pit.
Camarokid
Pilgrim

Postby Camarokid » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 pm

The man that built those pits used to work for Parker Trailer Sales in Mt. Pleasant and his first name is Rodney . I used to sell Performance Trailers made by Parker for years and always dealt with him on my orders . I don't have his contact info any longer but if you call Parker they may put you in touch with him but do NOT tell them what it's in reference to because he just builds these as a side business and in no way wants to compete with his old employers at Parker .
Camarokid
Pilgrim

Postby Camarokid » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Also , Rodney is one heck of a nice guy to deal with and you WILL NOT find any better craftmanship BAR NONE on anything he builds and I don't care who you compare it too !!!! He was VERY ANAL about what went out of Parker Trailers and he didn't even own the company and he is no different now that he's semi-retired and on his own ! I will call the girl at Parker on Monday and get Rodney's number again and talk to him to get you some info on how to get in touch with him or one of his dealers . He does sell some of his pits through a few of his trailer dealers but he and his men are the one's that build them and not the dealers who may or may not have taken credit for building them ? The reason the salesman didn't tell you who built them is maybe because Rodney ask him not to or he wanted the sale to go through him as that's the way he feeds his family and you can't blame a guy for that at all . I do know from years of experience that Rod is a man of his word and if he tells you he will build it , modify it , etc , etc , to your requirements , that's EXACTLY what you'll get and his pits are a work of art and something you will be proud to pull behind you and up to any competition ! When you talk to him , tell him Jerry D. in Victoria told you about him and his work .
n2dabluebbq USER_AVATAR
n2dabluebbq
Bandolero

Postby n2dabluebbq » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:41 pm

camarokid, i would be interested in getting his info.
40 ACRZ
Pilgrim

Postby 40 ACRZ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 am

I wish I'd known all of this info last year but neverthess, I purchased the same tandem axel trailer that Camarokid has pictured and absolutely love it. Thanks though and good luck to you N2dabluebbq!!!
Camarokid
Pilgrim

Postby Camarokid » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Just stumbled on the forum by accident two days ago so couldn't help until I saw the question and recognized who he was talking about . Glad to help any way I can and I will surely try to get you guys in touch with Rodney if possible so keep watching the forum for my update .
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 am

I would also like Rodney's contact info when possible. thanks!
40 ACRZ
Pilgrim

Postby 40 ACRZ » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Any update on rodney's contact info?

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”