Round hemispherical dome for fire pits

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

football59
Pilgrim

Round hemispherical dome for fire pits

Postby football59 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Where can you get some at? Thanks!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Round hemispherical dome for fire pits

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 am

Hi FB89,

If I'm thinking of the same thing, you should check either Lowe's or Home Depot.
I know Lowe's carries some pretty nice complete fire pits, you might be able to get just the dome but I'm not sure.
Good luck.

P.s, you can also look for a place that makes and designs steel or cast ( yard art ) such as weathervanes or chimes. Fabrication places will do exactly what you are looking for if you give them the dimensions of what you are looking for,PLUS you are probably going to get a better product having it made here and not shipped in from who knows where ya know ? I myself would rather give a small Mom And Pop shop $ before the big chain stores if possible.

Good luck
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:52 am

Tank manufacturers or pipe supply companies. If you're looking for new be prepared to dig deep as they are not cheap.
Look at propane companies and see if they have old decomissioned tanks then buy one and cut the ends off.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 am

Football59, where are you located? I have a 41" end cap from a propane tank that is the bomb for a fire pit. I had 3 legs put on it and it will last longer than me. There is a guy in Sabinal, TX that sells them on Craigslist. Do a search on propane tanks, or propane tank end caps and you should find them. Of course, that is if you are in TX. Hope that helps.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
dwilliams35
Pilgrim

Postby dwilliams35 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 am

I’ve bought them from trinity heads in Navasota. Make sure you specify that it’s for a pit, they can sell you one without the pressure certs that way and it’s fairly significantly cheaper. Round up some friends that want one too, you can get a pallet of 10 or so shipped for a very reasonable per-unit cost.

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”