Johnson Smokers made in Ennis?

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TheHojo
Pilgrim

Re: Johnson Smokers made in Ennis?

Postby TheHojo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Have not checked on this site in a while - I have been cooking on my ultimate compact patio for over a year and have no complaints - located in Dallas so if anyone wants to see one cooking just let me know
WinStreak
Pilgrim

Postby WinStreak » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Here's a pic of my Ultimate Patio Trailer from Johnson Smokers. Have only very positive things to say about the smoker and owner (Chad). He was very responsive and made a great trailer pit!
Attachments
IMG_9184.JPG
BBQATX on Instagram
Reddawg40
Pilgrim

Postby Reddawg40 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 am

Hello,
New to this board, I am looking to speak with someone in the Houston area that has one of the T Design Reverse flow smokers. I would like customer feedback as to quality, performance and ease of use. Thanks in advance for any info provided. Seems to be a great forum for a novice to learn.

Thanks
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm

I don't like the idea of the firebox down by my legs.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
Reddawg40
Pilgrim

Postby Reddawg40 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:11 pm

:-) Well thank you for your opinion but I am still curious. That is a very valid point that you bring up but I really would like to talk to an end user who has time cooking with one.

Thanks
Reddawg40
Pilgrim

Postby Reddawg40 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Okie, I see that you have a Pellet grill as well, what is your thoughts on those?

Thanks
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 am

Reddawg40 wrote:Okie, I see that you have a Pellet grill as well, what is your thoughts on those?

Thanks

Love it!
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
Reddawg40
Pilgrim

Postby Reddawg40 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks. A friend of mine just bought one and he has been trying to get me to pony up for one. Still debating on which way to go.
rus_bro USER_AVATAR
rus_bro
Rustler

Postby rus_bro » Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 am

Just looked around the site and i have to say, I pretty much hate their site. Putting the smokers in categories with pix would make life alot easier. But the smokers look great.

rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN
notorious q.u.e. USER_AVATAR
Notorious Q.U.E.
Pilgrim

Postby Notorious Q.U.E. » Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 am

Agree, their site sucks but they still have a good rep. Chad seemed like good people when I interacted with him. I like square fireboxes so that's one reason why I went with Shirley .
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 Traditional Door (3/8 thick CC and FB) Patio aka "Precious Metal"

"can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid."
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am

You are correct. Website sucks, smokers are built like tanks. Chad is a good guy who knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blizzard USER_AVATAR
Blizzard
Pilgrim

Postby Blizzard » Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post. I should say I'm not from Texas but got here as soon as I could. It's funny, when we first moved here, we had dinner with the boss of my wife at her job. I thought he was a little crazy. He had 5 BBQ grills of different styles etc. We came from back East (NYC) and didn't have one grill to my name.

Now I have two grills and a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5....I'm also looking at the Johnson Smokers made in Ennis. I spoke with Chad on the phone today. He does sound like he knows what he's talking about. I'm going down next week and if I like what I see I'm going to place an order. He said a new group of smokers are about to start construction. They take about 8 weeks to build.

I like the reverse flow design plus the ability to use it as a charcoal grill. It sounds like a good heavy design.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Hey Blizzard. Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on your decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rus_bro USER_AVATAR
rus_bro
Rustler

Postby rus_bro » Tue May 23, 2017 7:42 am

Blizzard wrote:Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post. I should say I'm not from Texas but got here as soon as I could. It's funny, when we first moved here, we had dinner with the boss of my wife at her job. I thought he was a little crazy. He had 5 BBQ grills of different styles etc. We came from back East (NYC) and didn't have one grill to my name.

Now I have two grills and a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5....I'm also looking at the Johnson Smokers made in Ennis. I spoke with Chad on the phone today. He does sound like he knows what he's talking about. I'm going down next week and if I like what I see I'm going to place an order. He said a new group of smokers are about to start construction. They take about 8 weeks to build.

I like the reverse flow design plus the ability to use it as a charcoal grill. It sounds like a good heavy design.

Welcome to Texas. I think we are all anxious to hear a review on the Johnsons. Good luck.

rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”