Brinkmann Vertical smoker

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Revill
Pilgrim

Brinkmann Vertical smoker

Postby Revill » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 pm

I've got two rusted out offset smokers, and I don't seem to have the energy to fix either one. They're both cheap leaky commercial ones anyway. I'd like a new smoker/grill, but I just don't see what I really want. Which would be something like a fireplace (with ash drawer) that has a smoker box over it so I can either grill or smoke.

So, let's look at plan B. Either one of the offsets makes a a pretty good grill; it's the smoker part that they don't do well. I found a Brinkmann vertical smoker that might be a good choice, if it isn't too cheapo. Anyone have experience with this model? Is it tight enough to control the heat, or will I be constantly fiddling with the fire to keep it at a steady temp like I have to do with the leaky offsets?
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Re: Brinkmann Vertical smoker

Postby BluDawg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:11 pm

They leak like a Screen door and the door is warped on all the one is have ever seen I have a Saying Buy once Cry once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEuoAM-GAs
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
CLeeSmokinQ
Pilgrim

Postby CLeeSmokinQ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

How much does that bad boy run...?

To the OP..

I have a cheapo brinkman vertical smoker someone was throwing out.. I saved it I used it last smoke I did.. Has leaks everywhere I feel your pain I was constantly throwing in chunks to keep it goin.. I too wonder what is the best method or how could I fix them? I don't plan on using it forever but until I save the coin for one just like the one in the posted YouTube video...

Look forward to more responses in your thread
CLeeSmokinQ
Pilgrim

Postby CLeeSmokinQ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

How about a pic or two of said smokers?
jimbopper61
Pilgrim

Postby jimbopper61 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:25 am

I have a cheap Brinkman also. 1st - Never trust the cheap temp guage that comes with it. Buy one you trust. 2nd - Don't buy the one that is all one piece on outside barrel. Buy the one that the firebox actually stays put on ground when you use the handles to lift up the upper section. This makes it easier to add chunks of favorite wood to get a good smoke ring/flavor. Otherwise, you will get cooked meat tasting the seasoning you placed on it minus much smoke flavor. 3rd-Yes, the one unit side is harder to regulate any heat .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 am

Welcome to the Forum :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”