Finally found the one, the M1

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TheHawk77
Pilgrim

Finally found the one, the M1

Postby TheHawk77 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I wanted to give a quick review of a grill/smoker combo that I recently acquired. Its called the M1 and its made by MGrills from Mesquite, TX. I have been cooking competitively for the last two seasons down in the San Antonio area. My role on our team is to cook chicken. I have tried several different pits, from the egg style to offset smokers to get the chicken the way that I like it. I have found the pit that is now my go-to pit. This pit is extremely well built, and only the best materials were used in making it. Its appearance is not that of a conventional smoker, but don't let that fool you. With the two layers of cooking surfaces, you can fit a lot of meat on it. Holds temperature very well, and consistently has provided us with meats cooked to perfection. Here is a link to their website https://mgrills.com/products/m1

Happy Smoking!
JJNETTER
Pilgrim

Re: Finally found the one, the M1

Postby JJNETTER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:06 am

What temperature are you smoking the chicken at. I like to smoke my poultry around 325 degrees. Is the M1 able to smoke at higher Temps or does it then become a fuel hog. :chef:
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Re: Finally found the one, the M1

Postby M Grills » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 am

With charcoal as a primary source, it can hold the low 300's for hours with not a problem. If smoking as a full blown stick burner, then you will go through wood about every hour or so to keep the higher temps.

I would personally go a full basket of lump and a split of wood. You can hold 225 to 325 for 4-6 hours. It's just a matter of setting your intake vent and leaving it alone.
MADE IN :texas:

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”