Smokemaster Refurbished

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Jarrizle
Pilgrim

Re: Smokemaster Refurbished

Postby Jarrizle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am

GRailsback wrote:Run the pit with the stack wide open. And the fire box vent as well, and that pit will work like a champ.

I've been running it that way, but it still tends to be a little finnicky while trying to get logs to stay lit. It has helped big time in cutting the splits smaller and I've gotten better with leaving the door cracked to have them fully catch. The more smokes the better/easier it gets. The pit itself runs well and holds temps very well.
texmike USER_AVATAR
TexMike
Cowboy

Postby TexMike » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Jarrizle,

Good job on the refurbish, it looks brand new. I love my Smokemaster, it's a pleasure to use. :salut: :salut:
Rocky Marlow
Pilgrim

Postby Rocky Marlow » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 pm

You've done an excellent job with that smoker. I was probably 14 when my mom bought one for my dad. It was about 1992. The price new was $500.00 in circa 1992 money. We bought it at a premium outdoor store in Tulsa. They sold two types of smokers - Texas Smokemasters and Oklahoma Joe's. Texas Smokemaster has since disappeared. Oklahoma Joe's sold out to charbroil. The factory that made Oklahoma Joe's is still in business. They build Horizon Smokers, and they are second to none.

I still have our Texas Smokemaster, and use it weekly. Now for the cocky-okie part of my post - you guys need to use your smokers more. Probably about 10 years into our smoker, the Texas emblem on the smoke box rusted off of ours, mine never made it to Y2K. Also, the welds on the smokebox door busted a long time ago.

I figure that it has another 25 years in it before I go get a new Horizon smoker.
guy USER_AVATAR
Guy
Pilgrim

Postby Guy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 pm

I'm giving this post a bump. I just joined this forum and found this jewel post. I have the exact same smoker, bought new 1998, this was a huge investment for me at the time, but I had to have it. Did all my homework, this was the pit for me, met the owner in person, he was a solid guy dedicated to perfection... He sold his business, not sure to who. But mine is all rusty like the pic posted, but I like it that way. :mrgreen:
Jacol
Pilgrim

Postby Jacol » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:38 pm

If I may revive an old thread - - recently My son bought a Smokemaster that We are restoring. The baffle between the firebox and oven was detached and we are not sure how to reattach it. If anyone viewing this thread has one of the smokers and would be so kind as to take a picture or two of the baffle and how it is attached and situated in the smoker it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Attachments
481F52E1-3E89-4F24-B730-9835F9237CAB.jpeg
37BA0498-DD6D-4B01-A75C-B09C22FB9DA5.jpeg

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”