Buying my first smoker

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

klemen161
Pilgrim

Buying my first smoker

Postby klemen161 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey guys :D

This is my first post here, I hope its in the right forum. Im from Slovenia and just trying to buy my first ever smoker. Budget is low and we dont have much offer betwen them.

Im looking for this one

lenght is 175cm or 68,8 inch, and wide is 76cm or 30inch. The only problem that is bothering me is the thicknes of the steel witch is only 2,5mm or not even 1/8 inch.

Price is 450€.

What kind of smokers do you have, what thicknes of steel? :)

Thanks...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Buying my first smoker

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 01, 2017 7:30 pm

the gauge of the metal is most important but if budget and availability prohibits then just take extra good care after and between uses. Good Luck :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
notorious q.u.e. USER_AVATAR
Notorious Q.U.E.
Pilgrim

Postby Notorious Q.U.E. » Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 pm

If Slovenia has a branch of Amazon.com, then try checking out the smokers on their website. Even though Oklahoma Joe isn't quite what it used to be in its heyday, they still turn out a decent model. They now offer a reverse flow Highland edition smoker. It's price is about the same as the 400 Euro mark and it is one that most people can vouch for quality wise. Good luck.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 Traditional Door (3/8 thick CC and FB) Patio aka "Precious Metal"

"can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid."
klemen161
Pilgrim

Postby klemen161 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 am

Thanks for answers! So the thicknes of the steel can't be that big off a deal, will not have any problems with bending of the metal and stuff?:)

I expect that I will just need to fire up little more wood to contain the same temparature?

Im having the plan to replace the temparature gauge and buying one extra one for the meat himself. :)

Amazon and ebay and this stuff is having too expensive delivery or just doesent ship this kind of big stuff to my country. :(

Thanks guys :D
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 am

The thickness of the steel is not only for heat retention but longevity of the cooker. Do you have access to any of the Weber products? If it were me and I had a choice it would be a 22.5" WSM over the cooker you posted.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”