East Texas Smoker Company?

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

texasbred
Pilgrim

East Texas Smoker Company?

Postby texasbred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Anyone running a smoker from East Texas Smoker Company? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on either an insulated cabinet or a reverse flow. This will be used in the backyard, hopefully after Christmas I'll be getting a trailer setup similar to what's in the backyard. I haven't actually cooked on a reverse flow but have cooked on my cousin's Pitmaker Safe a few times. I'm just wondering how ETSC's quality is compared to the others down here in the Houston area. I've checked out most of the big names in the Houston area. LSG has my favorite offset and Pitmaker has my favorite cabinet but lately I've been looking at reverse flow for the backyard and a comp trailer.

I'm originally from east TX so I definitely don't mind supporting a fellow east Texan. I guess you could I'm brand loyal so as long as I like my yard smoker then that's who I'll use for a trailer.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: East Texas Smoker Company?

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 am

I have not cooked on one but like you (being from East Texas) they peaked my interest. So, I went to a few cook offs and looked them over and talked to the owners. They look pretty well made. The owners all praised the performance. A couple of them said the process in getting their order fulfilled wasn't the smoothest.

You really should find a Shirley Fabrication owner and take a look for comparison if you want a reverse flow.

If you decide to go w/o reverse flow, LSG's quality is fantastic. Talk to txsmkmstr about his.

Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 am

They're a lot of pit for the money.... then again you do get what you pay for.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Good quality pit for the money!
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”