New Member - funkysmell - Yoder wichita

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

funkysmell USER_AVATAR
Funkysmell
Pilgrim

New Member - funkysmell - Yoder wichita

Postby Funkysmell » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 am

Howdy or should I say gday all. I'm new to this forum. Being from Australia I have had to do some catching up on this smoker phenomenon compared to you Texas cowboys. But I think I'm getting there, especially since my home town doesn't have any smoke houses. I've been forced to learn to smoke ever since tasting Franklins in Austin brisket.

I've steadily worked my way up the price point chain over the last few years - Weber kettle, then GMC pellet and for the last 2 years loaded Yoder Wichita.

It's been a great feeling knowing how to cook all sorts of protein useing just wood. - the old fashioned way.

I'd like to make a big shout out to those that have helped me get here - Amazing ribs.com and Aaron Franklin, YouTubers Malcom from killer hogs, T-roy Cooks cause he is just funny to watch while talking shoot and my wife for watching the kids while I spend a full day baby sitting the stick burner for this...https://photos.app.goo.gl/nHQLSLzw63ixLQqD2

To anyone starting out I also recommend getting good instant thermometers and probe units to monitor temps. Can't mess up anything with this babies. :chef:
Gateway drum (in transit)
Yoder wichita loaded
GMC Daniel Boon pellet smoker
Weber kettle ( a little busted up)
Weber Family Q gas grill ( time to replace)
Beefeater Signature Pro gas grill (in transit)
Cypress charcoal grill ( rotisserie, souvlakia)
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: New Member - funkysmell - Yoder wichita

Postby Williep » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 am

Welcome to the forum !! :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 am

Dude !!

First off Welcome to the Forum. Yes, these Texas folk for sure know what's up hands down. You will see Awesome cooks on here that not only Smoke, but grill, bake, fry, and griddle some GREAT grub from not just the States, but all over the map which makes the forum even better. Make sure you check out the forums ( Sponsor ) which is
" Sucklebusters " .
Pop in and give a shout to Gator, he's the man behind the scenes that makes it all possible.As a bonus, everyone on here is Kool like the breeze. I'm sure that we will learn a lil sumtin sumtin from you as well by the looks of that great looking Brisket in ur hands !
bigthicketbbq USER_AVATAR
BigThicketBBQ
Wrangler

Postby BigThicketBBQ » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:37 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Dude !!

First off Welcome to the Forum. Yes, these Texas folk for sure know what's up hands down. You will see Awesome cooks on here that not only Smoke, but grill, bake, fry, and griddle some GREAT grub from not just the States, but all over the map which makes the forum even better. Make sure you check out the forums ( Sponsor ) which is
" Sucklebusters " .
Pop in and give a shout to Gator, he's the man behind the scenes that makes it all possible.As a bonus, everyone on here is Kool like the breeze. I'm sure that we will learn a lil sumtin sumtin from you as well by the looks of that great looking Brisket in ur hands !

Thanks for the welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
——————————————
There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look - Vonnegut
Instagram/behindthepinecurtain
dirty dawg USER_AVATAR
Dirty Dawg
Pilgrim

Postby Dirty Dawg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 am

Welcome to the board. I’m not on here all that much but if you’ll PM me, I’m happy to answer what questions I can. I have the Loaded Wichita as well as a custom built trailer. I’m about 50/50 these days as far as which unit I fire up.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”