KBQ C-60 BBQ Smoker Pit

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: KBQ C-60 BBQ Smoker Pit

Postby Rambo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 am

"The amazing KBQ is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing.”
Cited by three James Beard Foundation Award winners. Winner of Hearth & Home's Vesta Award for Innovation.
Uses a REAL WOOD FIRE, not gas, charcoal, pellet, or electric heat. KCBS-legal for competition.
Inverted Flame™ Firebox makes thin blue smoke automatically. AutoDraft™ Controlbox maintains temperature automatically. A true "stickburner," without the headaches and heartaches.
Invented, designed, and made in Texas by a veteran USN submariner. Laser-cut, stainless steel construction throughout. Protected by US Patents 7,895,942, 8,635,947, and 9,526,376.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 am

I'm still hoping someone here at TBBQF has experience with this cooker or knows someone that has one.
rockinar
Pilgrim

Postby rockinar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 am

I know this thread is a year old but I will chime in anyways for future reference. i used to own a KBQ C60. I will say its a legit smoker that will produce BBQ as good as any offset and better than a cabinet. Because thats what it is....a stickburner.

Its not a gimmick at all. The only negatives are its a fire hazard due to flames and coals do spill out the side. Its a burn hazzard. That little firebox on top gets glowing red hot. You dont want kids around it at all. It also oddly sits low on the ground.

Positives: Its stainless so no dealing with rust or paint issues and cleans easy. It will cook as good as any offset. small footprint.

I only got rid of mine because I wanted more capacity and did not want to be tied to electronics.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 am

rockinar wrote:I know this thread is a year old but I will chime in anyways for future reference. i used to own a KBQ C60. I will say its a legit smoker that will produce BBQ as good as any offset and better than a cabinet. Because thats what it is....a stickburner.

Its not a gimmick at all. The only negatives are its a fire hazard due to flames and coals do spill out the side. Its a burn hazzard. That little firebox on top gets glowing red hot. You dont want kids around it at all. It also oddly sits low on the ground.

Positives: Its stainless so no dealing with rust or paint issues and cleans easy. It will cook as good as any offset. small footprint.

I only got rid of mine because I wanted more capacity and did not want to be tied to electronics.

Thank you Sir
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 am

Very interesting cooker; I’ve never seen or even heard a about this unit. Thanks for posting it, I am now interested in hearing more about it from someone who actually has one.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:57 am

Somehow missed this entire thread.
Sorry Rambo, I can't give any input on this unfortunately. I'm uneducated on anything other than my Akorn for smoking. It looks interesting tho, different than anything I've seen. I see this post is from last year. Have you found any more info on it ?
BBQ_Bill
Pilgrim

Postby BBQ_Bill » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Howdy.
Did not see anything further regarding a purchase of the KBQ or another smoker so I thought I would "chime" in.
Late?
Really late!
However, I can give you any and all info you will need to know about the KBQ.
Purchased my 1st one Nov 2016.
Purchased three more to keep up with customer demand for incredible Q.
Basically my 1st smoked meat on my 1st Virgin C-60 was two full packer briskets.
Funny, but according to four individuals that ate this very first product was that it was hands down better then the best Arizona restaurants brisket.
Texas... no, Arizona yes.
So, that says it is good, not Texas great, because it is not Aaron Franklin's brisket. ;) :salut:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:59 am

Well, it seems the two people that have Personal knowledge of these smokers highly endorse them. I don’t like the fire danger note on it but as many of you have seen, my smoker sits well away from the house. I would love to see and touch one of these but it didn’t sound like there were any dealers at the time of the original post. Anyway, thanks for your response Sir
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:01 pm

following and watching....
with intereast :idea:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"