Lyfe Tyme 20x40 With Firebox Review

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

mitchtram USER_AVATAR
Mitchtram
Pilgrim

Lyfe Tyme 20x40 With Firebox Review

Postby Mitchtram » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Hey everyone, I created a review on my lyfe tyme 20x40 smoker with an offset firebox. I have had this pit about two years at this point. Overall it is a great pit and I have been very pleased with it. I researched a lot before i bought it and I wish I would have been able to find reviews and more info like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otAa3IhO39Y
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Lyfe Tyme 20x40 With Firebox Review

Postby Williep » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:42 am

Nice job on the video. I stopped by their shop in Uvalde one time to look around and I thought I died and gone to smoker heaven. At the time they had a waiting list for custom built pit's. :cheers: :cheers:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am

Super Fantastic job on the video. I've had one for 15 years and didn't even know it until I watched your video. The Elderly gentleman I bought mine from told me it was custom built but after watching your video I'm 99.9999% sure I have a Lyfe Tyme. I have enjoyed it very much, mine doesn't have the baffle and sometimes it runs away from me at startup. If I screw up and put too much charcoal to start I may have to wait an hour or 2 until temps settle before I can start cooking. I'll usually start with a chimney of charcoal with a little Minioned around in the firebox and then start my wood. Mine has a 52" vertical with 2 racks and I can cook a ton of meat at one time.

Thank you for posting this, well done.
Attachments
Blue.jpg
mitchtram USER_AVATAR
Mitchtram
Pilgrim

Postby Mitchtram » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:48 am

Williep wrote:Nice job on the video. I stopped by their shop in Uvalde one time to look around and I thought I died and gone to smoker heaven. At the time they had a waiting list for custom built pit's. :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks! Iv'e never been to their shop, but I can only imagine how cool that must have been.
mitchtram USER_AVATAR
Mitchtram
Pilgrim

Postby Mitchtram » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:53 am

Rambo wrote:Super Fantastic job on the video. I've had one for 15 years and didn't even know it until I watched your video. The Elderly gentleman I bought mine from told me it was custom built but after watching your video I'm 99.9999% sure I have a Lyfe Tyme. I have enjoyed it very much, mine doesn't have the baffle and sometimes it runs away from me at startup. If I screw up and put too much charcoal to start I may have to wait an hour or 2 until temps settle before I can start cooking. I'll usually start with a chimney of charcoal with a little Minioned around in the firebox and then start my wood. Mine has a 52" vertical with 2 racks and I can cook a ton of meat at one time.

Thank you for posting this, well done.

Thanks for the kind words! I contemplated getting the vertical smoker, and wish I had. I do the same thing to start, charcoal chimney with some extra charcoal in the firebox.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”