Is this useful?

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Is this useful?

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 am

I have got a drum to build an uds but due to the winter I won't be able to start before May/June. I would like to start with real smoking before that. Now I only use the snow in my Summit grill and I feel it's not the same.

Therefore I was thinking about buying a cheap smoker to use until the uds is ready.

I found this on a store close to me. It's very cheap, only 50 USD. No brand. Size is 44 x 88 cm.

In my eyes it looks similar to some I've seen in the forum but I don't remember their names. Tried to search but couldn't find it either.

Anybody who would like to share their opinion on this smoker or have experience with similar? pro's and con's.

Your's sincere opinions are appreciated.ImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Is this useful?

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 am

That's very similar to my ECB and I have done everything from smoked meats with a water pan to just a normal 30 minute grilling on it.
I have only used charcoal in mine but you could probably use wood, if cut properly. If I were you, I'd get it and play. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:43 am

I’ve never owned one but know lots of guys who do. Get it I’m sure you will love it, might even cancel your drum build. 8)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks. I will have a look at it. Even though it may do the the same job as an uds I Don't think it will stop my uds build. Just because the building process itself is fun.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:34 pm

You might be able to use some of the parts when UDS time comes :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Yes, that's a valid point.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 pm

TxMidLifeDad wrote:Did you get this cooker? If so I would like to hear your thoughts on it. I have one just like it that was gifted to me. I have not been able to figure out how to regulate the heat for slow smokin.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I have been too busy with work so I haven't had time to get it yet. I will probably have time in a week or so. Will come back with info when it's in the house.

Regarding heat adjustment. Isn't there a lid or something at the bottomyou can adjust? Is it getting too hot?

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm

TxMidLifeDad wrote:I have not been able to figure out how to regulate the heat for slow smokin.

I have an ECB which is almost like that one and I have to use the water pan to get the low and slow effect. :idea:

The pics look like it comes with one also. :salut:

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”