my primo problems

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

my primo
Pilgrim

my primo problems

Postby my primo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Bought a primo as an Christmas gift, the bbq arrived late, we had problems putting it together (the directions referenced parts that weren't in the package), the metal edges on the unit and shelves were sharp enough to cut open your fingers. We spent a month getting our order straightened out and delivered. Primo's representatives were unhelpful and the dealer didn't return calls.
I'm sorry to say the experience has left me wondering why i bought a Primo.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: my primo problems

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've had my Primo for many years. The only issue I've had with it are the gaskets, but that is a common problem amongst flower pots. I didn't buy the stand with mine but rather built a table. We get some monster winds around here so I didn't want to take the chance of it getting knocked over by wind or bears.

Was your dealer local? The folks that sell ceramics around here will bend over backwards to keep you satisfied. I haven't had much contact with Primo corp except to have them replace a cracked firebox that turns out I'm still using.

I was not impressed with the manual that came with the unit. I wasn't impressed with docs that came with the WSM either or my gasser. Guess I'm hard to please.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Re: my primo problems

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Was it ordered and shipped to you or did you get it local? I am not sure I even got a manual, but if I did it didn't reference much.
I have had no issues with mine so far, but then again mine was already put together when I bought it.

Where are you located?

I am sure once you get started cooking on it you will know why you bought it.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”