New Ceramic Grill

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Tampa Griller
Pilgrim

Re: New Ceramic Grill

Postby Tampa Griller » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 am

OK guys, I apologize for being a arrogant, pompous SOB. I am sure that k.a.m. is a pretty decent fellow, I have read a few of his posts, but when someone goes on the attack against me, I bite back, especially when they try to compare apples to oranges, or are certain about something that they know nothing about

There are only handfuls of steakhouses that serve the awesome tasting steak that I talk about, Mortons is one (which I have probably have had around 30 steaks there), another is probably Ruths Chris steakhouse ( which I never have had, but from what I hear must be similar to Mortons), Gene and Georgetti’s and a very few others.

No, I did not grill the steak that I picture, but that is what a 1800F steak looks like and is very, very similar to a Mortons steak. But I also stress that you simply cannot throw a piece of meat into a 1800F box and have it come out looking like that … it takes art and a particular type of 1800F heat.

Anyone that has grilled using a ceramic grill knows the results you can achieve with ceramics you will never achieve with just a metal tub. You might have to start over, forget all you know and learn how to cook with ceramics but the results are astounding and that is for all meats, vegetables etc,,, slow cooked, smoked or grilled.

I do not mind constructive criticism and had some good post by a few like, egghead, DATsBBQ etc. but for the rest, lets keep the post on subject.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 am

Tampa Griller wrote:OK guys, I apologize for being a arrogant, pompous SOB. I am sure that k.a.m. is a pretty decent fellow, I have read a few of his posts, but when someone goes on the attack against me, I bite back, especially when they try to compare apples to oranges, or are certain about something that they know nothing about

There are only handfuls of steakhouses that serve the awesome tasting steak that I talk about, Mortons is one (which I have probably have had around 30 steaks there), another is probably Ruths Chris steakhouse ( which I never have had, but from what I hear must be similar to Mortons), Gene and Georgetti’s and a very few others.

No, I did not grill the steak that I picture, but that is what a 1800F steak looks like and is very, very similar to a Mortons steak. But I also stress that you simply cannot throw a piece of meat into a 1800F box and have it come out looking like that … it takes art and a particular type of 1800F heat.

Anyone that has grilled using a ceramic grill knows the results you can achieve with ceramics you will never achieve with just a metal tub. You might have to start over, forget all you know and learn how to cook with ceramics but the results are astounding and that is for all meats, vegetables etc,,, slow cooked, smoked or grilled.

I do not mind constructive criticism and had some good post by a few like, egghead, DATsBBQ etc. but for the rest, lets keep the post on subject.

Look fella,

Most of us are Texans and all of us are slow smokers. You came to our house thumping your chest about how great your product is and I'm sure that it probably is but, the manner in which you tried to deliver your message failed.

I am sure you are a nice guy but this discussion isn't going to improve so why not just ride on off into the sunset and have a good life.

AMF
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am

OK folks, I think we are about done here.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”