Ceramic Cookers

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Ceramic Cookers

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm guessing that the lack of posts in this forum is due to a couple of factors.

We've discovered the magic and have been enlightened. Those who haven't can't appreciate what these cookers can do. We realize that all we are doing when we speak of the virtues of these cookers all we are doing is preaching to the choir. :soap:

When folks rave about our food we just smile and point to the Weber the kettle out front in hopes that is what the thieves will steal. We mutter something about indirect coal placement, wood chips and the like.

And perhaps there is, do I dare say, a snob factor. Back when I lived in Colorado when driving a Land Rover if you came upon another Land Rover you and they would wave to each other. Perhaps just a flick of wrist but a wave never the less. You were part of the club. 8)

Perhaps folks into the mainstream smokers dismiss us as a cult. Eggers are elitists when it comes to their fests, not even allowing other ceramics to compete :roll: :wink:

So what's the upshot? Dang if I know. Just thought I'd post something to this forum to keep it fresh. :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
revolver1
Pilgrim

Re: Ceramic Cookers

Postby revolver1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 pm

I lot of GreenEggers are coming online .
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:27 pm

:) :) Dave, you would be welcome at any Eggfest as a cook or a taster - in fact all are welcome. You don't have bring your primo or egg - the eggs are provided for you. The two closest to you are in Salado ( I spell it Saladeaux - LOL) and Austin. There is no fee at Saladeaux and a small fee in Austin. Stick burners, pellet poopers, webers, and UDS cookers are welcome.

It's not a competion - just a bunch of folks getting together, cooking, enjoying adult refreshments, and sharing information. Last year's Saladeaux eggfest had folks from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Coloradeaux, Ohio, Mexiceaux, Canada, and Ireland. Probably forgot a few states that were represented in the past like Pennsylvania and Arkansas.

It would be cool to see a bunch of folks from TBBQF there. Short trip for BlueDog for example and many other cooks from the forum. Don't mean to leave anyone out but it would be neat to meet Limey, Big Ed, Boots, K.A.M., Cowboy Don, papa Tom, Tex Toby and many more too numerous to list.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
Mickey
Pilgrim

Postby Mickey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Dave I also would like to invite you to Salado. We are on Interstate 35 between Austin and Waco. Have put this on with lots of help from friends at no (zero) cost to cooks and tasters. We give away some a Eggs in free drawings. Will have about 40 Large Eggs going to cook and eat off of. You are not that far away. Join us March 14th please.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini....
5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com[/b]
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Tempting..... :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 am

Mickey wrote:Dave I also would like to invite you to Salado. We are on Interstate 35 between Austin and Waco. Have put this on with lots of help from friends at no (zero) cost to cooks and tasters. We give away some a Eggs in free drawings. Will have about 40 Large Eggs going to cook and eat off of. You are not that far away. Join us March 14th please.

It does sound tempting. Depends on my Spring semester schedule, I know more after registering for classes.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”