Pitts&Spitts,Gator Pit?

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

doublebull USER_AVATAR
DoubleBull
Pilgrim

Re: Pitts&Spitts,Gator Pit?

Postby DoubleBull » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 pm

roaniecowpony wrote:I'm also in the pellet grill market. I've been looking at them for 10 years now. My yard has an offset stick burner, a couple insulated kamado types and some UDS drums that are long gone. The entertainment value of sitting up all night is also long gone.

I'm homing in on a RecTec RT700. I also looked at as many of the others on the market as I can find. While I have great respect for the craftsmanship of Yoders smokers, I'm also done with 400lb + carbon steel smokers . Anything that heavy is essentially a stationary object once it gets in my yard, since I can no longer move anything that heavy. I'm old and getting older, not younger. Stainless steel has 1/4th the thermal loss that equivalent thickness carbon steel has. Stainless doesn't rust. If RecTec would make all the cart components from stainless, I'd be even happier, since my stuff sits out and I'm 2 miles from the ocean. But at least all the internals and cabinet is stainless. The P&S stainless pellet grills look interesting. They make a few all stainless models, cart and all. I may take a trip to look at their pellet grills.

And I thought I was thorough and meticulous in my research when I am looking to by many products. You have me beat! I don't think Rec Tec is the best pellet burner but I do think it is by far the best bang for the buck.
roaniecowpony
Cowboy

Postby roaniecowpony » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:57 pm

DoubleBull wrote:....

And I thought I was thorough and meticulous in my research when I am looking to by many products. You have me beat! I don't think Rec Tec is the best pellet burner but I do think it is by far the best bang for the buck.

I agree, the RecTec is not the best, but it is the best for the buck in that price range. A friend bought one about a month ago. He's still thrillled with it.
[i][b][color=#0000BF]Chuck[/color][/b][/i]
RecTec RT-700 Platinum Pkg
Bubba Keg grill/smoker
Capt-n-Cook 600" gasser grill
26" Weber Kettle
dadof6girls
Pilgrim

Postby dadof6girls » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 am

Late to the party! Having cooked on every type of mainstream smoker over the past 25+ years, I have been cooking with pellets the past 4+ years and have come to absolutely love it!!! Still have and use my 26 kettle, but my pellet grill has definitely become my daily driver :)

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”