Rec Tec

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Smokinslow
Pilgrim

Re: Rec Tec

Postby Smokinslow » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am

RonH wrote:Smokinslow
What model do you have? It's all I can do not to pull the triger on buying one. Are you interested in selling yours?

I don't know what I'm doing it yet. I'm thinking about giving it to my brother in law when he gets his first house as a gift, or I may just keep it. For lager parties I can still use it. Don't get me wrong the rec Tec does cook well at low temp and you just have to adjust the controls to what the real temp is inside the smoker. I could not keep 400 degrees for cooking burgers on grill plates last week, and that was my final answer to buy another pellet grill. Yoder so far in the last few days of playing with it is built 100 times better, and comes up to temp much quicker. It seems to be a heck of a pellet smoker. You might consider it.
Tejas stick smoker
Yoder YS 640
Rec Tec
Bradley smoker
Weber 22" charcoal
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Rec Tec

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:43 am

Good point, Smokinslow, to me, the only reason for going with a Pellet is for the low and slow long cooks, set it and forget it feature that doesn't have to be monitored as much. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”