Senile Pellet Cooker

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Senile Pellet Cooker

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 am

The word "Cooker" could possibly mean the Grill or the Operator - - - guess we'll find out some day. :scratch: Been up since 5am trying to do some low and slow St. Louis Ribs on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill and it seems to have a mind of it's own this morning. :banghead: It has already shut down to the Error mode several times so the idea of "set and forget" can be FORGOT. I"m having to baby sit it at least every 15 minutes - - - which I will use for Ribs from now on ?maybe? More on this "joke" later as I know more. :dont: Oops better run check the set and forget Toy. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Senile Pellet Cooker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 am

Every 15 minutes? Heck, I get 30 - 45 out of my stick burner before I have to mess with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter handle @bsooner75
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

I know all too well Grrrrrr - - - my ECB will usually go at least that long before peeking or tweeking :dont: They're wrapped now so time will tell :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:58 am

Good luck OUP :shock:
Sounds like you be on top of it tho. :salut:
Lucky you didn't go back to bed :lol:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 am

thanks, Pal, after it shut down the 4th time I almost turned off the lights and hit the hay :banghead: but I'm hanging in there and they're almost ready to unwrap and slater for an hour or so - - - I was NOT made to own a Pellet Grill :whiteflag:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:23 am

Can't wait to spy those bonz !!
Does me have an inkling of your chosen slather? Lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:54 am

Had my doubts this morning but I'll be posting a "typically silly" Q thread in a little while - - - - more on the 12 o'clock news :laughing7:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Senile Pellet Cooker

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:58 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Had my doubts this morning but I'll be posting a "typically silly" Q thread in a little while - - - - more on the 12 o'clock news :laughing7:

R we doing the q sauce I think we are doing ? It's ok if it's TOP zecret for now cuz I'm in the loop already lol !
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:The word "Cooker" could possibly mean the Grill or the Operator - - - guess we'll find out some day. :scratch: Been up since 5am trying to do some low and slow St. Louis Ribs on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill and it seems to have a mind of it's own this morning. :banghead: It has already shut down to the Error mode several times so the idea of "set and forget" can be FORGOT. I"m having to baby sit it at least every 15 minutes - - - which I will use for Ribs from now on ?maybe? More on this "joke" later as I know more. :dont: Oops better run check the set and forget Toy. :whiteflag:

The word cooker, you immediately reminded me of a friend of mine, we were all at the local one night having a drink and it was my wife's birthday and we all said happy birthday etc, when her age came up my friend said she's not too bad.....for an old boiler.lol.

Old boiler is an old tough chicken. I assume it means same up your way??lol.

I still call her that now,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:17 pm

I think I would cry foul to the seller of that little hummer, and ask them to get it fixed so it runs right? I should be in warranty, are you using quality pellets? I have had flame out problems due to poorly made pellets, I don't want to bash any names but I have had pellets that just would not burn correctly and if they did manage to burn the temperature was not stable, so let us know what the problem turns out to be...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:20 pm

ST, I'm glad you mentioned the quality of the pellets cause I was thinking that this morning as I cussed it profoundly after the 4 shut down. I purchased them at Academy and I'm thinking the are B&B or B&N but not sure. Think I may step over to another brand and see what happens. Any suggestions as to the best brand of pellet :?:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:28 pm

are you getting a lot of ash? if so that is an indicator, I have burned lots of pellets my preference is bbqers delight or cookshack the price goes up because of the shipping but I do not have any problems with my traeger or fec100 and I consider that worth something... Might contact the manufacturer of you smoker and see what they say, when you tell them who made the pellets they will most likely know what questions to ask you about the performance...
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Yeah, I think that a call to Pit Boss is a must come Monday morning - - - thanks :tup:

Also, every time I cranked it up to High it would run for a few minutes and then go to Errrr Mode.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:03 pm

let them tell you what the problem is, they will know their equipment and don't forget to let them know the brand name and flavor of pellets you are using... :salut:
tell us what they say?
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:38 am

Yo ST, wanted to do a quick (if possible?) follow up on this, if I may. I called the Company last week and talked to a very helpful young lady that suggested I do some dry test runs on the Pit Boss and see if "we" couldn't solve my problems. She also said that she didn't think my B&N pellets were the probs but that it could be the Power Cord ! Ah Ha, she also said that they now have a different power cord that I should probably use but to try these dry tests before getting the cord.

Nice day this morning so I've been doing just that and have ?deduced? that I needed to do some high heat burn offs which I did and got a couple of ErrH(heat)rr shuts downs. Then I also got a ErrP(power)rr shut down so Monday I'm gonna call and order the new and improved cord.

At least my Cooker is muy cleano now and I am "slightly" more educated in the use of my Pellet Pooper. Thanks for all the help, Gang :tup: :salut:

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”