Pelletized Porky Problems

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Pelletized Porky Problems

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 pm

As some of you have already seen in my other post, I had lots of problems keeping the Pit Boss Pellet Grill going on my Pork Rib Cook this morning. However, all it well and they were ultra tender, tasty and stayed on the bone (if you were careful) :laughing7: Since I believe in keeping a positive attitude, the following "Nonsense" is my Morning at the Pelletizer Position.

Narrated by the O.F.
Well Pards, I reckon'd dis morn' I'd grill up dem Pig Ribs that's been hanging in the barn for a week or so and the Whipper Snappers here have been rant'n and rav'n 'bout WorstChestyShire Sauce and also Bailn' yer bones in Crick water afore ya grill'em - - - so I maroonated dem in WS over night and den baild'em for an hour or so before chunkn'em over last nights camp far.

cowboy.jpg
cowboy.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 3305 times

Rebuttle by True Skinny:

If you believe that Old Codger above then I have some leftover Thanksgiving Turkey I'll sell you cheap. Here's what really happened to the bones this morning.

S'what I did
honey mustard rub and frig set
McCormick Memphis dry rub and frig set
2 hrs nekkid on the pelletizer
spritzed with apple juice after each hour
2 hrs wrapped in foil in the pelletizer
removed foil returned to the pelletizer for one hour
during the last hour it was spritzed once and then basted with Sweet Baby Rays several times
after 5 hours total they were removed wrapped in foil and rested on the counter
Sides included Frijoles with own-yawns, roasted jalapenos and bacon, tater salad and cole slaw
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

"and that's the truth - psssssssttttt"
LilyTomlin.jpeg
LilyTomlin.jpeg (20.9 KiB) Viewed 3305 times

Have a Great Weekend Y'all :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Pelletized Porky Problems

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:33 pm

Dude !!!

They look excellent and nobody would ever know you had technical difficulties with your pooper !! Lol

Hmmm... Any chance we will be making a run to Phil's for your next cook ?? You and the Wifey will love it.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Job well done bud !!
I had all the faith in the world you'd pull it off. :laughing7:
Dim bones looks awesome :chef: :salut:

Bill
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:36 pm

No difficulty eating those! 8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Love it oup, you have a way with your prose. A nice wordsmith.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I don't know man…that looks like an OUP Wednesday meal to me. You gotta step it up on Fridays :)

J/K - good looking bones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter handle @bsooner75
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:04 pm

I'd bite those!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Heck I'as gonna show ya how ta do it right................Never Mind!... :laughing7:
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:34 am

thanks, Gents, "even an old blind hawg :pig: finds an acorn now and then" :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:46 am

Mr. OUP Sir, To use your own word,....Those look Larapin :salut: :cheers: love the color too.

I am not for pellet cookers but that looks amazing Sir.

Ric G.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Pelletized Porky Problems

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:08 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Gents, "even an old blind hawg :pig: finds an acorn now and then" :salut:

I know where u can find one :idea: :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:22 pm

thanks, Ric, my Dad would be proud of the way you used his favorite word - - - W V, as far as the acorn goes, I think I'll pass cause I'm trying to cut back on the nuttiness :D

Here's a Rib Tickler for Y'all:
We had about 6 ribs left over after Lunch and I have a friend that is trying hard to get his life back straight so I called him yesterday and asked if he'd like a plate of leftovers. He said "Dang straight I'll swing by after work" - - - so he dropped by and I had several paper plates piled high for him. After he left I put the last two ribs in the frig for later. Wife was feeling poorly this morning so she was still in bed when I warmed up the LAST TWO RIBS and stacked some Cole Slaw next to them. Just as I was headed for the recliner she came out of the bedroom, saw me with the plate of food and said "Awwwww you are so sweet fixing that for me" and she took my lunch right there in front of my drooling mouff :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Don't think that Vienna Sausage Sammich is gonna help. :whiteflag:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Pelletized Porky Problems

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:36 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Ric, my Dad would be proud of the way you used his favorite word - - - W V, as far as the acorn goes, I think I'll pass cause I'm trying to cut back on the nuttiness :D

Here's a Rib Tickler for Y'all:
We had about 6 ribs left over after Lunch and I have a friend that is trying hard to get his life back straight so I called him yesterday and asked if he'd like a plate of leftovers. He said "Dang straight I'll swing by after work" - - - so he dropped by and I had several paper plates piled high for him. After he left I put the last two ribs in the frig for later. Wife was feeling poorly this morning so she was still in bed when I warmed up the LAST TWO RIBS and stacked some Cole Slaw next to them. Just as I was headed for the recliner she came out of the bedroom, saw me with the plate of food and said "Awwwww you are so sweet fixing that for me" and she took my lunch right there in front of my drooling mouff :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Don't think that Vienna Sausage Sammich is gonna help. :whiteflag:

Well, first things first buddy..
I truly hope momma starts feeling better and I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers my friend :(
Ur a good man for taking one for the team and letting her have them leftover bones lol..

About the nuttiness, probably a good idea, it drove me crazy at first I must admit.

You just keep making bones like u did here and everybody's belly will be happy for sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Oup, you mention ya wife was "poorly". That is an old English word. Surprised you use the term. ??? :D

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:33 pm

started to use "punnie" but I didn't know how to spell it :D

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”