Gator Pellet Pit

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Gator Pellet Pit

Postby TX1911 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:08 am

Not sure who, if anyone, has seen it, but for those who like Gators, they're developing a pellet pooper. I expect cost will be high, like most things Rich does, but there is no disputing his quality. Just thought I'd share!

From their Facebook page:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Gator Pit is in the design/fabrication phase of what will be our newest GATOR PIT PELLET SMOKER & GRILL. You heard right. For years folks have been asking if I was ever going to come out with a Pellet cooker with the same quality materials and craftsmanship as our heavy duty smokers and grills. And, we are going to meet our customers demands and expectations. 1/4" thick x 20" diameter and 24" diameter x 36" long Gator Pellet Cookers will soon be offered to our customers in our product line of Gators. Upper and lower angle framed sliding meat racks, Tel Tru Gator gauges, fully flanged doors, large commercial 2" x 5" heavy duty casters, lower storage area, stainless steel cool touch handles, all steel front shelf, grease drain, etc.... This WILL NOT be that China made, thin walled, light duty steel constructed pellet cooker you get today.
It will be a GATOR PIT. Expectations to offer larger/commercial sizes with dual hoppers in the near future. What our Hopper offers:
Larger Hopper Capacity (35lbs Total)
Hopper Baffling System (Directs pellets into auger more easily)
36,000 BTUs
PID controller set in 5 degree increments
Temp range: 160°F-450°F
2rpm auger
Upgraded 9-hole burnpot; creates a more efficient burn
Combustion fan facilitates a natural convection throughout the grill area
Smoke Setting & Grill Setting
Improved Hot Rod Design
100% Digitally Controlled
Requires 110v outlet; ±10%
Extra Long 5ft long RTD Probe
5ft Meat Probe
Complete Instructions
Operating Voltage: AC 110V ±10%, 60Hz
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Gator Pellet Pit

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 am

That's interesting, just my personal opinion, but I consider Klose and Gator to be the top 2 offset builders in the country.
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 am

I agree with that entirely.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 am

And I suspect that Rich will fine tune it and end up with a high quality product. I am not sure that David will ever try and build one. Although he is certainly smart enough to. When I had mine built that is who it all came down to was these 2 builders. And I went with Klose because I liked the layout, and accessories that I had added to mine better than what Rich offered. But they are 2 builders at the very top of there game. The last time I was over at Klose, maybe a couple of months ago, they were building one in the trailer shop that was a gooseneck. And it was just a monster, huge. Made mine look pretty small. Its incredible not only what people come up with, but what he can build and the quality that they build at.
texasbred
Pilgrim

Postby texasbred » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 pm

I know another well known Houston based builder has one in the works also. I'm sure the Gator will be great quality just like the rest of their stuff.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Good to hear the pellet pit market is flooded with pacific rim machines it's be good to see some better quality stuff competing.
I believe the pellet market has matured enough for better equipment to be appreciated and get the higher price point.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”