Got me a Traeger Timberline 1300

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

texasbred
Pilgrim

Got me a Traeger Timberline 1300

Postby texasbred » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Well I've been pit shopping for a while and finally decided that until I can afford my dream Vault on a custom cart that I'll wait on a cabinet style smoker. I had been wanting a pellet smoker for a while now just to have as another outside cooker and for those lazy days. But I wanted something with capacity for when family comes down and I can spend time with them instead of adding a split every 40 min or tuning a brisket every few hours. I had previously looked at the Traegers but didn't care for them until I saw the Timberline series.

I will be keeping my offset but probably selling the Weber Genesis to get a smaller gas grill. I'll still be using the offset too but this I think is going to be a great way for me to hang out with the kids in the pool and not have to worry or check near as often. I've been cooking on an offset since I was a teenager so hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad.

First cook will be this weekend, 3 butts and some baby backs. You'll have to excuse my son's traitor hat, I just can't get him to wear Cowboys gear :dont:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Got me a Traeger Timberline 1300

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Good to see smart young men coming up in the world, and avoiding the Cowboys like the plague.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Good deal! You will have to get used to doing next to nothing while the food cooks but it gets easier....... :dont:
tarde venientibus ossa....
texasbred
Pilgrim

Postby texasbred » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

GRailsback wrote:Good to see smart young men coming up in the world, and avoiding the Cowboys like the plague.

Shots fired!!! :laughing7: Honestly he would have became a fan of wherever Andy Dalton would've gone. Now he's been rooting for the Bengals so long he's a true fan. I did take him to see the Bengals vs Texans for Christmas eve and he got to meet Andy again.

Papa Tom wrote:Good deal! You will have to get used to doing next to nothing while the food cooks but it gets easier....... :dont:

I'm honestly a little worried that I'll have too much time on my hands, but it'll be worth it. The kids are excited that I won't be watching a firebox all day.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Katy Texas product. saw him play a playoff game while he was still in high school. He played the high school my son went to. And of course Katy won, well, thats because that's just what they do.

I will be interested in hearing what the kids have say in a couple of months now that they won't be able to get rid of there father out of the pool. I can just hear it now. "dad, don't you have some cooking to go do"

Enjoy your new machine.
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Congrats! :chef:
hookem44 USER_AVATAR
hookem44
Pilgrim

Postby hookem44 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Congratulations on the Timberline! What do you think of it so far? I'm trying to decide between that one and a Pitts and Spitts pellet grill from Houston. GO COWBOYS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:28 pm

I think he traded the Timberline off for another model if I'm not mistaken.
Don't know what that means :dont:
He had a Post about it in the smokehouse.

Bill

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”