Cookshack Pellet fed Grills

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

smokin2neil
Pilgrim

Cookshack Pellet fed Grills

Postby smokin2neil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 am

Hey Guys

Anyone have any honest reviews of the cookshack pellet grills? Looking at including one in the arsenal and wondering if the end results are worth it over the convenience of propane.. Noone in my end of the country would have any experience with this that i could draw on, so i came to you.

Cheers
smokin2neil
smokin2neil
Pilgrim

Re: Cookshack Pellet fed Grills

Postby smokin2neil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 am

i should add that this was for a commercial purpose and ccokshack is the only known brand up this way... i am open to any and all suggestions for other brands to look into... I have space for a 24" pellet grill on the line and i'm itching to pull the trigger if the end product is worth it
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 am

I've heard great reviews on them when I was researching pellet grills. There are a couple guys on here running them. I'm sure they will chime in.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:08 am

I have a Fast Eddy Cookshack PG500 and am pleased with it and the company's customer service ( It is S/N 16 early production and I had some trouble but they were good in resolving).
I have no experience with their commercial models but I would be confident that they are very good products.
tarde venientibus ossa....
smokin2neil
Pilgrim

Postby smokin2neil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Papa Tom wrote:I have a Fast Eddy Cookshack PG500 and am pleased with it and the company's customer service ( It is S/N 16 early production and I had some trouble but they were good in resolving).
I have no experience with their commercial models but I would be confident that they are very good products.

Hey Papa

When using it as a straight up grill since what i am looking at will not have the enclosed smoke option.. can you notice a decent difference in your steaks or chops vs what you might get from a regular propane grill? I currently run 2 of their SM model smokers and fully agree they stand behind their products and the quality of product is certainly there

Cheers
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Certainly you can tell the difference in that they are cooked over wood fire.
I assume you are contemplating the CB024. I have heard good things about that grill series even people buying them for a patio grill.
smokin2neil
Pilgrim

Postby smokin2neil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Papa Tom wrote:Certainly you can tell the difference in that they are cooked over wood fire.
I assume you are contemplating the CB024. I have heard good things about that grill series even people buying them for a patio grill.

CB024 yep, good god... that is an expensive patio grill!! What i need to do is get my butt down to your part of the country for a bbq tour.. if i was smart i would work that into the renovation budget.. ha

Cheers
Greg B
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 pm

smokin2neil wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Certainly you can tell the difference in that they are cooked over wood fire.

CB024 yep, good god... that is an expensive patio grill!! What i need to do is get my butt down to your part of the country for a bbq tour.. if i was smart i would work that into the renovation budget.. ha

Cheers
Greg B

Come on down you could pick up your CB024 and save shipping. There is no shortage of BBQ down here, I live kinda in the sticks and there are 3-4 BBQ joints within 5 mi.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm

I have a FEC100 its a great smoker, but no good as a grill, I also have a sm009 and cookshack service is great, I have a friend who has the pg1000 he really likes it, so much he was planning on giving them to his kids for Christmas, but me no experience as a grill, I still use the webber kettle for grilling... :D
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
smokin2neil
Pilgrim

Postby smokin2neil » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:29 pm

spacetrucker wrote:I have a FEC100 its a great smoker, but no good as a grill, I also have a sm009 and cookshack service is great, I have a friend who has the pg1000 he really likes it, so much he was planning on giving them to his kids for Christmas, but me no experience as a grill, I still use the webber kettle for grilling... :D

Yeah i have the SM160 and SM260 and they have been going strong for 5 years with next to no issues that were not solved quickly by cookshack.. The grill is a big investment and where i am in Canada food grade wood pellets are not really a thing meaning i have to order massive quantity from US and try and find a decent price... Cookshack Website says 50 cents a pound is average price but i haven't found anything close to that.. It more looks like about $10/hr for me to run that up here which may be ok, but it was why i was curious about reviews of end product. It's an expensive point of difference up here but doable if i can create the demand and bring people to flavor country!!

I do appreciate the helpful comments guys, and there is lots of good reading here.. glad i joined

Cheers
Greg B

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”