Timberline 1300

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

drewlooker USER_AVATAR
Drewlooker
Pilgrim

Timberline 1300

Postby Drewlooker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:28 am

I am in the market to upgrade from my Pro 34, i have been a Treager man from day one with the lil tex, i just recently went and got my hands on the timberline at my local dealer and man it was a different animal. The build is a total 360 from the the Treager of old. Have any of you guys cooked on the Timberline? Have you seen many on the competition trail? Is it comparable to a Yoder? i have not been able to see a Yoder in person is why i ask.
Sports, Beer and Q!
Tall Pines Cookers
Treager Timberline 1300
Treager LiL Tex
Big Green Egg XL
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Timberline 1300

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:37 am

I've done alot of shopping and comparisons on pellet grills and can assure you Traeger makes NOTHING can compares to Yoder. As you said, 2 completely different animals. Depending on your budget there are many other better options.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
drewlooker USER_AVATAR
Drewlooker
Pilgrim

Postby Drewlooker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 am

The Yoder640 with the competition cart is around the same price as the Timberline, i want to stay around the $2000 range. I agree the build of the Yoder compared to the Treager pro is far superior im curious if Treager has closed the gap.
Sports, Beer and Q!
Tall Pines Cookers
Treager Timberline 1300
Treager LiL Tex
Big Green Egg XL
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Drewlooker wrote:The Yoder640 with the competition cart is around the same price as the Timberline, i want to stay around the $2000 range. I agree the build of the Yoder compared to the Treager pro is far superior im curious if Treager has closed the gap.

If I was to do it all over I'd be real tempted by this one. http://www.gatorpit.net/pellet-cooker-2036.html
drewlooker USER_AVATAR
Drewlooker
Pilgrim

Postby Drewlooker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 pm

bobcat1 wrote:
Drewlooker wrote:The Yoder640 with the competition cart is around the same price as the Timberline, i want to stay around the $2000 range. I agree the build of the Yoder compared to the Treager pro is far superior im curious if Treager has closed the gap.

If I was to do it all over I'd be real tempted by this one. http://www.gatorpit.net/pellet-cooker-2036.html

Now that looks HEAVY DUTY! I reached out to Malcolm Reed ( if you are not familiar with his videos they are very informative and he cooks on a variety of cookers) but i know he has several Yoders, and he actually told me he just got a Timberline 850 and he will be putting out a couple of videos of his cooks and review of the cooker. so im going to hold tight a bit longer!
Sports, Beer and Q!
Tall Pines Cookers
Treager Timberline 1300
Treager LiL Tex
Big Green Egg XL

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”