Apple mash pellets ?

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Apple mash pellets ?

Postby bondobill » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Getting ready to place a order from Cookingpellets.com
Down to 2 bags from a pallot load order just a year ago. Been using thier perfect mix blend.
I see they have a new pellet called Apple mash. Pellets infused with Apple mash. Anyone out there that has tried it. :?:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Apple mash pellets ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Never tried that particular Pellet, Wild Bill, but B&B Apple Pellets are my go-to with pork and chicken these days. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm of no use Bill, sorry..

I couldn't even tell you how to power up one of those pellet poopers lol
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 am

I have used their "perfect blend" and liked them, the only problem is the shipping costs were too much for me, Apple Mash sounds good, maybe order a small quantity to test before stocking up?
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am

spacetrucker wrote:I have used their "perfect blend" and liked them, the only problem is the shipping costs were too much for me, Apple Mash sounds good, maybe order a small quantity to test before stocking up?

I know this sounds like a lot of pellets but just a year ago I ordered 600 pounds of the perfect blend. They came in 15 individually boxed 40 lb bags. Im down to 2 bags left.
I order from cookingpellets.com. 15 bags run $390...$26 a bag... and that includes shipping. last time they shipped UPS and dropped them at my shop at home. The driver didnt crumble too much about packing 15 40lb boxes out of the van. :lol:

They let you mix your order so I think Im going to try a couple bags of the Apple mash on this next order.

Bill
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:00 pm

the apple mash sounds good, would like to hear the results of your test and thoughts?
I just received a 1/3 ton yesterday from lumber jack, which if you have a freight dock is a good way to go, they are good pellets, they use red oak as their base, unless you order their 100% pellet, I like them they leave little ash, and the temp seems to be very stable, the "perfect pellets" I ordered came in a plastic jug, which to me is great for storage and other uses, still have the jug, just the shipping on that one was too much.
Good luck and all the best to you and yours.
:salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
Polekitty
Pilgrim

Postby Polekitty » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 am

Lumber Jack are my go to pellet as well. Very stable temps and little ash. OUP, if you like the B&B apple, you will love LJ 100% apple. If you get a chance to buy some you need try em. I’m lucky because there is a BBQ supply store in my town and I can go grab whatever flavor I’m in the mood for.

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”