Pellet Smoker Quandry...

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

USCGbhill
Pilgrim

Pellet Smoker Quandry...

Postby USCGbhill » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Stuck between eyeing a Pit Boss from Walmart and the Camp Chef Smoke Pro DLX which I can get for 445.00. Any thoughts. I was wondering about getting the cheaper but similar Pit Boss or is the Camp Chef at a good deal that I should get that one. Thoughts and comments are welcome. BTW, contributor from many years back but due to the nature of work and region we lived in smoking and grilling was few and far in between.
22 years Active duty Coast Guard and looking to settle down in the Virginia Area where I’m at now. I post another intro later but had this on my mind first.
Also longtime buyer of Sucklebuster, keep a bottle of gold dust on the shelf at all times.
USCGbhill
Pilgrim

Re: Pellet Smoker Quandry...

Postby USCGbhill » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Also to note, looking to smoke beer can chickens in there so room is a necessity.
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Welcome home Coastie!

I can only speak to the Camp Chef, I have one of their smokers, and I love it. Well made, no issues so far, holds temp well.

Makes me look like a smokin' genius to our guests! :laughing7:
Camp Chef SG Woodwind w/Sear Kit
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 pm

To answer your question I can only directly speak to the Pit Boss (I have the PB-820) and I love it.
I do have extensive smoking and pellet pit experience though (20 years) and I believe you will be happy with either.
Do make sure you've got room for the chicken on the throne though, I have done them on Traeger and Cookshack but not on the PB.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”