Z Grill...Anybody

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Tuoms24
Pilgrim

Z Grill...Anybody

Postby Tuoms24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

Anybody have a Z grill? They are cheap, and apparently have a 100% rebate, not sure why any company would do that. Any input would be much appreciated.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Z Grill...Anybody

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 am

I have not ever heard of them nor have I seen anyone post or comment about them on this Forum. However, they appear to be in line with the Pit Boss as far as Pellet Grills and Prices are concerned. My experience with the Pit Boss Reps and Owners have been great as have several members here. Don't know if I'd venture out into a new product when there's established products out there for relatively the same price. Just my $0.02 but Good Luck with whatever you choose. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 am

Are they using this like a modified kickstarter? Instead of sending money and hoping you get the product they sell you a grill know then returns the money down the road? I’d guess they hope to grow their business to a profitable point between now and then?

The gamble would be, is the company still in business in 1-5 years or whenever your rebate is up? Or, are they still operating under the same name at that time?

I’d just go ahead and buy the grill you want now and not hope for a rebate down the road.

Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuoms24
Pilgrim

Postby Tuoms24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Think I may go with a Pit Boss 820
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Good choice, my youngest Son just bought one and he is in love with it big time - - - - he caught the 820 on Sale at Lowe's around Christmas time for $399 but they are $499 now ?I think? :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 pm

pit boss has a following, I have not heard of Z grill
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
Rixkylsx
Pilgrim

Postby Rixkylsx » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:20 pm

I have a z grills and have made some really great food on it. Z grills was the manufacturer for Traeger for a couple of years but Traeger wanted to sell the smokers two expensive so z grills branches out and made one that’s more affordable, I haven’t had issues with my z grills I cook on it about twice a week for the last two months.

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”