Pit Boss Pro Series (Lowes Exclusive)

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Tuoms24
Pilgrim

Pit Boss Pro Series (Lowes Exclusive)

Postby Tuoms24 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

Seems to have a new controller with meat probe, different grates, folding front table...Count me in! https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pro-S ... 1000601261
RCAlan
Pilgrim

Re: Pit Boss Pro Series (Lowes Exclusive)

Postby RCAlan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:41 pm

It looks like an updated PB Austin XL.. Lowes also has a PB 1100 Pro Series with 1100 sq inches of cooking space and front folding tray.. Both have great reviews and the prices for the 820 and the 1100... Wow. Anyone considering a Pellet Grill or upgrading should give these a good long look.
Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

I have a PB 820 amongst other pellet munchers and think highly of it and the parent company that produces these things.
I believe there are production runs made specifically for retailers. My 820 from Cabelas has no tables and has larger steel wheels on the pellet hoppers side of the pit but I've had it several years now too.

I have a fireplace insert made by the same company that I have run probably 5 tons of pellets through with no troubles whatsoever.
My 820 lost the igniter rod last year so I just ordered one from Amazon and swapped it out no other troubles.

It is good to see pellet pits becoming popular enough for big retailers to handle them.
tarde venientibus ossa....
G8trwood
Pilgrim

Postby G8trwood » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:50 am

Those prices are freakin awesome. Cheaper than you can get a stand alone hopper assembly.

Do I need a 3rd one? I just wish more companies would get out of that round chamber and go to the oval “heating oil tank” shape. Makes for a much more usable 2nd shelf.
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:29 pm

So are these legit? I just sold my rec tec 680 as it was just way too big. I didn't like brisket on it, but enjoyed other meats so I want to buy a new pellet grill with a smaller footprint, this looks to be ideal. I'm looking at the Pro Series 820 or going back to RTG and getting their Bullseye, but I've heard a lot of bad things about the ways those are built.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm

I've got even a smaller footprint with my Pit Boss 340. Had it for couple of years now and I am very satisfied. Good Luck with your choice :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:23 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I've got even a smaller footprint with my Pit Boss 340. Had it for couple of years now and I am very satisfied. Good Luck with your choice :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Is that the tailgater model? i've been looking at that one too! ha
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Don't think so, however, it's only 340 sq in of grilling surface. I've never done a brisket on it mostly Pork Ribs, Pork Butts and Roasts and it will handle a couple of racks with no problem. Matter of fact, I'm gonna do 3 racks of Baby Backs Saturday which will be my largest quantity so far. :dont:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/pit-bo ... hannel=pla
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
planohog
Pilgrim

Postby planohog » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:22 am

I have a new PB Pro Series for from bigbox L
So far with one cook im very happy .
Seems like I needed more smoke, but
It might have been I only went 2 hours.
more time and experiments ahead!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 am

Welcome Plano. there are several pellet experts on Board who can offer you lots of advice based on experience, not opinion.
melba USER_AVATAR
Melba
Pilgrim

Postby Melba » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 am

It looks like an updated PB Austin XL.. Lowes also has a PB 1100 Pro Series with 1100 sq inches of cooking space and front folding tray.. Both have great reviews and the prices for the 820 and the 1100... Wow. Anyone considering a Pellet Grill or upgrading should give these a good long look.
zak1724
Pilgrim

Postby zak1724 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 pm

I just purchased a PB 820 yesterday at Lowes and I'm trying it out tomorrow with a pork loin! Really excited about this. Have been an offset user all my life and though I love the flavors that come out I'm ready to give this pellet smoker a try.
Eric2112
Pilgrim

Postby Eric2112 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am

I got the PB Austin XL from Wal Mart for 125.00 less than the "Pro 1100" no I dont have the folding front table but I did the sear plate rod mod for less than $5. Love it
dwhite1031 USER_AVATAR
dwhite1031
Pilgrim

Postby dwhite1031 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:26 am

Just a little advice if you’re buying the Pit Boss 1100 from Lowe’s. Lowe’s uses a contractor that assembles all of their grills, smokers, etc. They rarely have any in the box anymore. Most are all assembled and on display. Take a look at each one and really check it out. I shopped at the store here in Midland and also at the Odessa store. At both stores I found several with bent hoppers, etc., and none of them had the temperature probes that are supposed to come with the 1100. Some didn’t even have the manual. Lowe’s did get the probes for me but that’s something to be aware of. Go over them with a fine tooth comb.
GOD BLESS TEXAS!
HOOK ‘EM HORNS!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks for the heads up dwhite

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”