Pit Boss Copperhead 3 Vertical

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nyjetfan
Pilgrim

Pit Boss Copperhead 3 Vertical

Postby nyjetfan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:56 am

Hey All - New member here, and looking to surprise myself with a smoker for Christmas. Nearby seller has it on sale for $299 with a $100 gift card (read $100 in free pellets).

Anyway, considering doing ribs, roasts, pork, potentially chicken (whole and wings). Wanted to see if this would be a good purchase for someone new to smoking. It lists 727 sq in of cooking surface which seems like it would be plenty (I read the user manual and it mentions 16-18 lb roasts and such).

Also, are there any "must haves" to go along with it, such as a good thermometer (I've read most thermometers included with grills are suspect at best) or any other accessories you'd recommend for someone new? I mostly work from home, so would be nice to get up start dinner in the morning, check on it a few times during the day and then enjoy the fruits of my labor that evening.

THanks for any advice!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Pit Boss Copperhead 3 Vertical

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Good Score - - - you should be able to cook most any normal Family Size needs. Even though mine is not a Vertical, as far as Goodies to go with it goes, I think my shop Vac, round wire brush attachment for my Drill and my Therma Pen are the most important accessories that I have. :lol: :tup: OH, one more thing is a Maverick Redi-Check sure helps keep that lid closed during a long "Q". :tup: Good Luck :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Pit Boss Copperhead 3 Vertical

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Congratulations on your score, I actually fell for the same deal but mine is still in the box. Basically $175 (they gave me another $25 for using their credit card) is a heck of a deal for a pellet cooker.
Since I already have and like my Pit Boss 820 I have faith this vertical will be good as well..
The advice from OUP is good I certainly second the suggestion on the Maverick remote thermo they are a must have.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”