Camp Chef wifi

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JoeStout
Pilgrim

Camp Chef wifi

Postby JoeStout » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Hello folks I justbought a new Camp Chef, I have owned a traeger a long time, just thought I would try something differnt. I have to say I like it except the wifi, is not dependable and to get it to work you have to stand right next to the pit.....whats the use .
best/joe
02ebz06 USER_AVATAR
02ebz06
Cowboy

Re: Camp Chef wifi

Postby 02ebz06 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Not sure how the CampChef works, but my Memphis connects to the house WiFi.
My Router is in the garage, so I have an Extender (connected to the router over Ethernet) in the house which is closer to back yard.
Initially, had lots of issues with the WiFi for the Memphis and a Ceiling fan in the Outdoor kitchen.

I bought a different extender with a longer range. and now both work perfectly.
LSG 20x42 Pellet Smoker (on order), CampChef PGXXL pellet smoker, Emozione Pizza Oven, CampChef Griddle
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:14 pm

JoeStout wrote:Hello folks I justbought a new Camp Chef, I have owned a traeger a long time, just thought I would try something differnt. I have to say I like it except the wifi, is not dependable and to get it to work you have to stand right next to the pit.....whats the use .
best/joe

Except for the WiFI, what are your thoughts on comparing the two?

I'm going to get my D & SIL a pellet smoker for a house warming gift. I'm debating Camp Chef (which I have and love) vs a Traeger.
Camp Chef SG Woodwind w/Sear Kit
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Like 02e I got a WIFI extender to connect to the house WIFI. First I tried a SuperBoost extender and it was still not reliable. Next I bought a TP-Link N300 and is has been working well.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG
02ebz06 USER_AVATAR
02ebz06
Cowboy

Postby 02ebz06 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:32 am

1MoreFord wrote:Like 02e I got a WIFI extender to connect to the house WIFI. First I tried a SuperBoost extender and it was still not reliable. Next I bought a TP-Link N300 and is has been working well.

Mine is a TP-Link as well. Model No. TL-WA901ND
LSG 20x42 Pellet Smoker (on order), CampChef PGXXL pellet smoker, Emozione Pizza Oven, CampChef Griddle
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:35 pm

I put wood in mine
JoeStout
Pilgrim

Postby JoeStout » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:54 pm

astrohip wrote:
JoeStout wrote:Hello folks I justbought a new Camp Chef, I have owned a traeger a long time, just thought I would try something differnt. I have to say I like it except the wifi, is not dependable and to get it to work you have to stand right next to the pit.....whats the use .
best/joe

Except for the WiFI, what are your thoughts on comparing the two?

I'm going to get my D & SIL a pellet smoker for a house warming gift. I'm debating Camp Chef (which I have and love) vs a Traeger.

I think I like the traeger better, the Camp Chef dont smoke like i want it to and I have the new model adjust smoke/temp, maybe it was the pellets B&B blend that i used because they didnt have post oak.
No trouble at all out of the old traeger smokes like a freight train and holds temp just fine.
And it rarely gets cleaned and a time or 2 before i studied the manual wheni shut it off I would just unplug it when I started it back up No Problem.
Best/joe

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”