I am back!

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

I am back!

Postby bogiedr » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Greetings everyone! Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year!

A few days ago I dealt with a little pity party, things are not going very well but the good Lord keeps helping. I am fighting like crazy to make it 20 years. I promise all of you that with the good Lord helping, I'll be smoking meats for some time!! That's the latest update so on to the business of cooking :D

Was going to smoke some baby backs on the GMG Daniel Boone … auger died! Igniter was replaced back in May, now the auger. Thinking I bought the wrong pellet grill. Will contact dealer Monday and see what they say. With that in mind I may sell it as is and advise everyone, it needs work. Probably not expensive but I can no longer do the repairs. So I am considering a new pellet grill. By the way, the Kamado Joe as always did an awesome job on the baby backs, my best yet. Pictures if my wife forwards them to me.

I am considering a Pit Boss, which seems to be wildly popular on this site and relatively inexpensive. I am also considering the new Traeger's as well as a Chef Camp. Any recommendations for the Bogiedr?? I trust your experiences and opinions, you have become family to me, I appreciate and love all of you!! :salut: You folks are awesome.
Your experiences and opinions are most welcome.

By the way, I started a blog for audio equipment some years ago, I grew frustrated wit formatting and such. I gave up. Fast forward to cancer, my wife has become an audiophile before my eyes, so proud of her, learning to use the grills, smokers and now another one of my passions. She resurrected the site, reformatted it and it looks awesome! All that to say, if you can, check out outside-edges.com. I just love her perspective and as Old Parts said once, lots of love in this house, the blog demonstrates it.

Hope I have not rambled too much and bore you to tears. Thank you for your support and I will try to post a little more often ... Thank you everyone!! You have become family!!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: I am back!

Postby Rambo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 pm

Your positive attitude inspires me. Best Wishes Amigo :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:07 pm

Keep fighting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:54 am

Hey Brother, so good to see you sharing with us this morning.
You always bring some Sunshine with you, no matter what.
I"ll be checking out your link and thanks also for sharing that with us.
Thoughts and Prayers as always, Thoughts and Prayers :tup: :salut:

As far as Pellet Poopers goes, I have a Pit Boss 340 (small model) which is perfect for the Wiffy and I. Couldn't be any happier with it's performance, especially on Pig Bonze and they are very reasonable in price. :chef: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:08 am

Thoughts and prayers as well Brother. Sounds like the Missus is a Class Act. Where would we all be without our better halves? Lesser men.

Wanted to pass something else on; hope you enjoy it. When I was a small tad of 15 and literally 5 foot and 80 pounds (dripping wet) I saw the Munich Olympics on TV. First time I had really paid attention to the event. Sitting there watching I saw a skinny little guy named Dave Wottle run into Olympic history in the 800 in a way nobody ever expected, just magical. What I learned then from Dave Wottle was how to win a race, how everyone has a finishing kick they don’t even know about. Inspired me to take up cross country that fall as a freshman; I was the littlest guy on the team and the slowest stepping out the first day. Dragged into the field house dead last that day. But I remembered Wottle and his finishing kick and resolved to train harder than the other guys. By end of the season I was second on the JV having moved up 7 or 8 slots, and would’ve made the varsity the next year if not for blowing my knee in spring track. But the lesson stayed with me; numerous times in life when things got tough somehow it came to mind, that there is always hope and that a man that won’t be stopped CAN’T be stopped. This year with my piece of the business basically a dumpster fire because of COVID, I happened to remember Wottle and pulled up that old video. It’s still just as amazing to me today as it was then, in the knowledge that the best quarter mile he ran was the last one, and that last stretch is really the longest stretch where all the best comes out of a person that simply will not quit, that cannot be stopped. It has helped me a lot.

I hope you might enjoy it too.

Boots

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5LHid-nC45k
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Thank you my brothers! Your thoughts always welcome and spot on.

Yes my wife is special and I know it, got the lottery when I met her. Boots great story!! I will remember that one. OldUsedParts hope you like the blog, very proud of her for picking it up and writing the way she does. Bsooner75 great shot, love it! Rambo, thank you!! You guys make my day!!

Let's see if I burn something this weekend, I will post. Probably on Ceramics since the Boone is down, but GMG sending me what I need. Should be back up and running soon.

Thank you again and we'll chat soon.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”