Smokefire EX4 issues

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Smokefire EX4 issues

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:49 pm

I've had the smokefire for about a year. Shortly after I received it I ran into the same issues as many others. Pellets tunneling, sudden shutdown etcetera. I complained to Weber and they sent me an upgrade of the auger/motor assembly which I installed. Strange thing was that only a few days after I got the replacement parts I got another package from Weber. Also with the auger assembly. I thought they had made a mistake and sent me double so I put the last part away in a shelf downstairs.

The smokefire has worked flawlessly since, but a week ago it suddenly shut down during cooking and it was impossible to get it going again. Started up but temperature didn't rise and the smokefire automatically shut down.

I figured I would try to change the auger assembly with the spare I had. Upon closer examination I discovered the spare assembly had revision F while the first replacement had revision D.

In other words it looks like there have been several upgrades and that Weber sent me both with only a couple of days between.

Anyway after I installed the revision F version it has worked fine today. It also looks like it gets up to set temperature faster than with the D version.

Posting if other with a Smokefire experience similar issues. Check the revision version of the auger/motor assembly. It's printed on the motor.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”