Combining two pellet woods

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

skip2ride USER_AVATAR
Skip2Ride
Wrangler

Postby Skip2Ride » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:38 pm

I was wondering if y’all have a list of what best to combine two different pellet woods flavor? So far all I know is Hickory and Cherry turned out awesome for my pork chops and ribs. What’s your favorite combination?

What’s for dinner? Pork chops and sausages, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccolis, and breads. (Side dishes not in picture, not important )

Happy Sunday y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Combining two pellet woods

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:40 pm

I use a lot of Apple and occasionally mix them with Hickory. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
skip2ride USER_AVATAR
Skip2Ride
Wrangler

Postby Skip2Ride » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:42 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I use a lot of Apple and occasionally mix them with Hickory. :salut:

Awesome, I did not know that mix. I might be assuming big but hickory go well with most different pellet wood flavors?

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:55 pm

That's what I have always thought, also, and so far so good. I've also seen some Pellets that were already a mixed blend but I can't remember what their mix was. :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
skip2ride USER_AVATAR
Skip2Ride
Wrangler

Postby Skip2Ride » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:01 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:That's what I have always thought, also, and so far so good. I've also seen some Pellets that were already a mixed blend but I can't remember what their mix was. :banghead:

Yeah, I used PitBoss ‘ Combination pellet and B&B Champion combination pellet and turned great. Just wanted to see if there’s simpler mix between two different wood flavors. Thanks

OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Most of my pellet experience just involves cold smoking, but I like hickory, cherry and maple together - or pecan if maple isn't available.

But what I'm REALLY liking right now is those pork chops! Oh man, those look awesome!

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”