Finally in Texas!

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Finally in Texas!

Postby bogiedr » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:27 pm

Arrived last Friday after too many hours on the road. Florida home stuff delivered 2 days later. My Kamado Joe seems ok. I guess I am now a Texan!!! A slow smoked boston butt should be on the works in a week or so! Happy to be here!!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Finally in Texas!

Postby GRailsback » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:20 am

Welcome home
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:10 am

I can identify with your move and confusion therein; We are paired down, house up for sale no buyers yet, in the hold mode waiting to move to Alabama to be closer to family. Hopefully you will find all your possessions and get your house in order soon. :cheers:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:01 am

Welcome to Texas. Here’s wishing you good luck with getting set up
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:19 am

Did you wind up in the Humble/Kingwood area?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:26 am

Good to have Y'all West of the Sabine River now :texas:
There is a well known sign that I'm gonna try and find for Y'all and if I do, I'll either send it to you or We'll bring it and take Y'all out for Lunch. :dont:
WELCOME :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:50 am

Welcome to Texas!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:40 pm

Welcome brother. The place will do ya good.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:49 am

I suggest looking into solar panels asap, it gets Africa hot here and sometimes deadly cold (when power outages are factored in) plus rates are shooting to the moon.
Some here say they would rather die from excess heat or cold than re-connect our power grid to the neighboring states grid.
I remember Enron, and the "privatize everything" craze that shattered a fully functional and inexpensive system, but I AM and oldster now.
Welcome to Texas!
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:08 pm

Chasdev wrote:I suggest looking into solar panels asap, it gets Africa hot here and sometimes deadly cold (when power outages are factored in) plus rates are shooting to the moon.
Some here say they would rather die from excess heat or cold than re-connect our power grid to the neighboring states grid.
I remember Enron, and the "privatize everything" craze that shattered a fully functional and inexpensive system, but I AM and oldster now.
Welcome to Texas!

Chicken little, the sky’s falling the sky’s falling.
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:24 pm

I installed solar panels about 3-4 years ago. Not for any altruistic or environmental reason, but simply to save money. And it works!

I'm consistently saving about 10-12% of my annual electricity costs (before vs after). Which means in 8-10 years, they will have paid for themselves. At which point, I'm playing with house money. Note that I only have solar, no battery, so I'm not off-the-grid. With battery, it takes longer to recoup your initial costs, due to the battery costs.

It helps that I'm in deep country, so they can go in a pasture next to our house, and not on the roof. And they can face the best direction, which a roof doesn't always face.

One of the best decisions I ever made!
Camp Chef SG Woodwind w/Sear Kit
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:19 am

Look like you and I traded places. I moved to Oldmar (Tampa) in November from San Antonio. Never thought I would move from TX. Anyway, I quit my job to move closer to my wife's family. When I say close I am talking within 1 mile. Her Dad had some major health issues and surgery. He is doing better now. I have been working on the house we purchased non stop. I am building a new pit that is back in SA and have to go back to finish it and haul her down here. I can relate to not being able to smoke anything! I will add more pics to the new build when I go back after the first of the year to finish it. Nothing like a 19-20 hour drive for the 3rd time!!! Good luck in TX!!!
Bockbock
Dillo Q
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:15 am

Bockbock wrote:Look like you and I traded places. I moved to Oldmar (Tampa) in November from San Antonio. Never thought I would move from TX. Anyway, I quit my job to move closer to my wife's family. When I say close I am talking within 1 mile. Her Dad had some major health issues and surgery. He is doing better now. I have been working on the house we purchased non stop. I am building a new pit that is back in SA and have to go back to finish it and haul her down here. I can relate to not being able to smoke anything! I will add more pics to the new build when I go back after the first of the year to finish it. Nothing like a 19-20 hour drive for the 3rd time!!! Good luck in TX!!!

Luck you, able to sell and move, us in the "for sale" and no one looking, probably will sell in the spring, so me in the no cooking mode till then... :salut: We are going to drive to Alabama for Christmas with the kids, will overnight in West Monroe, not as young as we used to be..
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:05 am

Yeah, we sold when the market was at the tail end of being "hot". It was perfect timing? Where is your house in Florida?
Bockbock
Dillo Q
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:34 am

HEY BOGIEDRIVER, check your Messages :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”