Custom Made Gas Grill

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cf3b
Pilgrim

Custom Made Gas Grill

Postby cf3b » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 am

I need a gas grill that will last forever. Don't need all the bells and whistles. Any advice for a local (Dallas vicinity) builder?
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Custom Made Gas Grill

Postby Gator » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 am

Cf3b - gas grills last about 3 - 5 years (in my experience). The grates, burners...ect all wear out over time. The best advice I ever got on gas grills was -> buy one where you KNOW you can get replacement parts. I got mine at Sears about 14 years ago and have rebuilt it 4 times. Sears is really good about keeping the old parts in stock...just my 2 cents. I'm sure some of the other stores supply replacement parts as well.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 pm

If you want something that will last forever, get a ceramic grill/smoker with a lifetime warranty.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
cf3b
Pilgrim

Postby cf3b » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Appreciate the responses.

Here is my problem. Cheap propane grills don't last very long. Expensive ones usually don't last very long either but cost an arm and a leg because of all of the extra crap they put on them.

I have a Green Egg and a pitts and spitts smoker that take care of most of my grilling/ smoking needs. What I want is a well made low maintenance gas grill that will last a long time. Pitts and Spitts and Gator Pits both make a really nice one. I was wondering if there was anyone local in Dallas who can make something equivalent.

Thanks

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”